PDA

View Full Version : quickbooks help

JJLandscapes
05-25-2006, 10:31 PM
how do you take a customers old invoice that wasnt paid and carry it over to the next months bill as " past due balance" or take the old invoice and add on the new months services done

grnkeepers
05-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Have you considered printing a "statement" at the end of the month. This will show past due charges and allows you to add finance charges to past due amounts.

If you must stick with an old "invoice" then you will need to go back to the old invoice and modify it with the new charges and reprint.

Hope this helps.
PS QuickBooks has a very good Help file. Just use the search function to find what you need.

Roger
05-25-2006, 11:23 PM
grnkeepers is right -- only STATEMENTS will show overdue balances. I misled myself when I set up, and only later did I realize QB offers no way to how an overdue on an INVOICE. A STATEMENT will show an aging chart at the bottom of the page, e.g 1-30 days, 31-60, etc.

Littleriver1
05-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Some times I just change the date and add the new items. Some times I create a new invoice and a statement. I then mail all the invoices and a statement to the customers. I think it comes down to what is the correct way. Well, the corect way is for everyone to pay their bills on time. So, it is the customers problem, not yours. My job is to keep the customer informed, and to reduce the confusion. Believe me I am more worried about my confusion than theirs. It pays to keep the customer in the loop.

JJLandscapes
05-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Some times I just change the date and add the new items. Some times I create a new invoice and a statement. I then mail all the invoices and a statement to the customers. I think it comes down to what is the correct way. Well, the corect way is for everyone to pay their bills on time. So, it is the customers problem, not yours. My job is to keep the customer informed, and to reduce the confusion. Believe me I am more worried about my confusion than theirs. It pays to keep the customer in the loop.
yea of course but

i have the lowest version quickbooks and my partner said there is no option for statements is he smoking crack? or does it not come with that option

Littleriver1
05-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Well, I don't have a partner and what you just said is the perfect justification for sole proprietor. You need to learn how to do your books. Especially if some one else is doing them for you. In quick books pro it is on the customers menu. You should open it and look for yourself so you know for sure.

JJLandscapes
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, I don't have a partner and what you just said is the perfect justification for sole proprietor. You need to learn how to do your books. Especially if some one else is doing them for you. In quick books pro it is on the customers menu. You should open it and look for yourself so you know for sure.

We only use the quickbooks for invoices we have an accountant for everything else

I pick up checks from the PO box and deposit and cash the checks i call or email him everyone who paid so he can mark it in quickbooks. We both have access to the online banking page so there is Zero chance of any of us screwing eachother over. thank you for your concern though

anyone else know if statements can be made in the basic quickbooks

IML8RU2
06-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi there,

I'm a bookkeeper who uses Quickbooks weekly. Yes, you can issue Statments. What you need to do is go to File - Print Forms - Statements. Then follow the instructions. If you need any help let me know.

Natalie