PDA

View Full Version : Hardscaping in florida.

Sunscaper
05-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Does anyone here do hardscapes in florida? Since arriving here I find the industry to be quite different from ICPI standards that i was used to. No aggregate base only concrete sand and only using concrete edging. Does anyone here know if this way of constructing interlocking pavement is acceptable? I'm still doing it the hard way and I am curious if I am just beating myself into the ground for no reason. Thank you.

YardPro
05-26-2006, 07:29 PM
they are cutting corners to get a low price.....

remember there is a lot of inbreeding in florida, and also a lot of uneducated landscapers there.....

stick to the right way and sell your service as a superior product.

wurkn with amish
05-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I agree with yardpro
dont stoop to their level. the pavers will still settle even tho its florida.
my friend down in tampa told me people are hardscaping for 3.00ft2, thats freakn crazy!

Sunscaper
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys,
Hardscaping here is a limited market. No walls only pavers. I've seen prices from $3-8 s.f. I had a crowd of Mexicans fascinated that I used screed pipes for one driveway. They only pull a string and rake back 60mm and compact the sand and lay the pavers. How that constitutes for an interlocking pavement system is beyond me. I cannot believe how primitive this area is for pavers, no one even offers circle kits. The last driveway I installed I cracked half the 60 mm holland pavers when I ran the plate across them. WTF florida?????