PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer racks

Tharrell
05-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I see a lot of strange things while waiting to be loaded with mulch. These look similar to the Trimmer Traps, only very cumbersome for sure.

MMLawn
05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
ACtually I think they are pretty sharp to be homemande. It just sounds to me like you are just mad cause you couldnt make the same thing.........

Jason Rose
05-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I wonder how he keeps the shaft end from jumping out of that slot every time he hits a bump? Bungee cords I assume...

Tharrell
05-27-2006, 11:02 PM
No, I have Trimmer Trap tt2-pro 4. I was just making an observation. Why are you trolling me?

MMLawn
05-27-2006, 11:03 PM
No, if you look at them they actually have bolts so that they can close shut and hold the trimmers tight.Look at the first pic and then compare the right side to the left side.......ugly......and not something I'd want.....but still pretty dang sharp!

Jason Rose
05-27-2006, 11:15 PM
No, if you look at them they actually have bolts so that they can close shut and hold the trimmers tight.Look at the first pic and then compare the right side to the left side.......ugly......and not something I'd want.....but still pretty dang sharp!

ooo, i see... that's what i get for looking and then coming back a few hours, and half a dozen beers later to respond, lol.

Yes, they are pretty slick, but i'm betting that the time the guy had in making them and materials, not counting that he had to have access to possibly one of those plasma cutters on a computerized base... *can't think* In the long run it would have probably cost the same as buying a name brand set. But then assuming that the materials were "scrap" and the hardware was "trash" from some other project at the shop, and the guy was prolly on the clock at his regular job at the sheet metal shop when he made them.... Then, Cost: $0.00 :drinkup:

MMLawn
05-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Beers......cool.............. :drinkup: :laugh:

All_Clear
05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Beers......cool.............. :drinkup: :laugh:

From your last few negative posts MM i thought maybe the heat was getting to you... who knew you just needed a few beers :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

br549oicu8
05-28-2006, 10:05 AM
He's always negative or sarcastic....
:hammerhead:

Oxmow
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Take a look at mine on the inside of my trailer.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=148002

Post # 2

Made with electrical conduit hanger and brackets. Got D handle pins to hold them in. Cost me less than 100.00 to do 3 trailers