PDA

View Full Version : Low sulfur diesel...JUNK!

kc2006
05-29-2006, 01:54 PM
So whats with this new low sulfur diesel and the label saying "Not for use in 2007 vehicles and later"? So in other words if you buy a 2007 diesel you can't buy fuel for it anywhere???

This stuff is junk though, last week I averaged only 10mpg! I'm normally up near 19-20mpg, and I even added my fuel additive as I've read you should with this new crap.

Just another way to keep the people down.

Itsgottobegreen
05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Bio diesel is my friend. :rolleyes:

kc2006
05-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm trying to find a biodiesel outlet around here. Local co-op is closed today for the holiday so I'll have to call tomorrow. I found some places about an hour away, going to call them and see how much and if I can get it in 5 gal drums only.

From what I've read, if you supplement this low sulfur junk with a couple gallons of biodiesel, it will replenish all the lost lubricants. If I had more time, I'd start brewing biodiesel myself, I found a nice kit online that's pretty cheap but just don't have the time to go out and get the oil and then brew it.

Dirty Water
05-29-2006, 03:26 PM
KC, to my knowledge regular low sulfur desiel should not be used in the '07 diesels, however the new ULTRA low Sulfur diesel will be fine. If you don't see a sticker, your good to go.

The majority of the stations are switching this month to ULTRA low sulfur, and you will see the stickers dissapear.

lawnmaniac883
05-29-2006, 05:58 PM
The stickers are there to prevent 07 year vehicles from using the low sulfur diesel that is still in the pipelines. It will take a few weeks of purging until all of the end product diesel at the pumps has a low enough sulfur content. Complete BS if ya ask me. You dont see china freaking out about sulfur in their diesel.

fiveoboy01
05-29-2006, 08:56 PM
'07 Stinks, especially for the truck industry.

I work for a large truck leasing corp. We(and many of our customers) are rushing to get '06 models into the fleet, before the '07s come out. The prices of the trucks, both class 7 and 8, are going WAY up due to all the emissions/particulate filter BS going on. As if the EGR mandate didn't cause enough BS problems, now it's going to get worse.

lawnmaniac883
05-29-2006, 10:37 PM
I have heard about the particulate filters going onto the trucks...pretty bad no? Atleast you supposidly dont have to clean/replace them as the engine will increase fueling and burn the contaminants off no? Correct me if I am wrong here.

IMO it is ******ed that America has to go through all of this crap with the EPA and their Tiers of regulations. How about some international cooperation?

fiveoboy01
05-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I have heard about the particulate filters going onto the trucks...pretty bad no? Atleast you supposidly dont have to clean/replace them as the engine will increase fueling and burn the contaminants off no? Correct me if I am wrong here.

Honestly, I do not know a bunch of details. I do know one one make(I believe it was Detroit Diesel), the particulate filter is under the frame somewhere, it just looks like a second muffler. As far as I know, they DO have a replacement interval. But like I said, not a bunch of details right now.