PDA

View Full Version : SHOPS DONE!!! (well, very close!!)

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 12:06 AM
here it is guys, the almost final result of the outside, just needs its final coat of paint and the door needs to be shipped to us and its done. Tomarrow, i start decking out the inside!!

There was A LOT of trim to put up on this thing!!

Pic one

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 12:07 AM
pic two............

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 12:08 AM
pic three..............

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 12:09 AM
pic four...........the door opening, we ordered one of those industrial roll up doors for it!

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
05-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Looks good Mike.

jmurphy
05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Finally....j/k......looks AWESOME Mike!!!!!

MMLawn
05-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Congrads young man and it looks good!

I do believe you are a hard working young lad that doesn't sit around all day playing PS2 and complaining and "living off" your parents and that is to be respected in todays society, esp given the status of so many of our youth. If you ever find yourself in North Carolina, I've got a job at my company with your name on it.

jblawns123
05-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Pretty freaking cool, Looks good. Nice work

Jamesgateslandscaping
05-30-2006, 01:10 AM
I stopped by last week while I was in the neighborhood and saw it in person:clapping: . Mike and his dad did a very good job building it and it came out very nicely.
James

FearThisDeere
05-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Very nice. I'm jealous!:clapping:

BSDeality
05-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Looks sweet, you'll have it filled and need an extension before you will know it. now, I hope you can put that thing on a HD trailer so you can take it with you when you move out of your parents house in a couple years ;)

J&R Landscaping
05-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Whats time time count? How many hours did you spend building it?

Looks Good!

nmez21
05-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Looks good! I hope on building one very similar to that this summer.

DBL
05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
very nice i like it. what are the dimesnsions on it?

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Everyone, thank you for the kind words, i really appreciate it.

MMLawn-thank you for all of your encouragement and very positive and spirit uplifting responses so far throughout this project and if i had the opportunity ide love to come out a work for you sometime.

James- Thanks for stopping by even though it was only for a few minutes, the roof sheathing and shingles seemed to be the most pita part for some reason!

BSD- lol, that would be funny if i did that, once i do move out, im moving somewhere with a pretty darn big garage, plans are and have always been of me living at home through college so i can save money for my own house and keep all of my biz stuff here, we'll see though.

J&R- No idea on how much time spent so far, A LOT though, but the part i can remember is that on saturday, sunday and monday of this past weekend dad and i put in at least 10 hours each of those days on it.

DBL- The final demesions are 12*15 for it,

At the very end of the process ill post up an excel spreadsheet of exactly how much this cost and what cost what. If anyone has any questions what so ever about it and needs me to measure something for your own project, feel free to let me know as ide be happy to do it.

Ill be starting the inside probably on friday evening as im packed with work all week. And ill be sure to keep the pics updated.

Thanks again everyone:
mike

Scag413
05-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Heck of a job! I only know you from the advice you have posted on here, but MMLawn is right. I can certainly tell that you are a hard worker and take pride in your work. You will make something great of yourself even if it isn`t in lawn care. With you work ethic and pride you will make yourself great in whatever you do.

Lazer_Z
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Mike, Awesome job on your shed/shop.

Rob

zim bob the landscaper
05-30-2006, 07:14 PM
nice work to bad we had all that rain. if it didn't come you probably have all your equipment in there.:waving:

Petr51488
05-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey, looks good.. Dont know if you answered this or not.. but why is the door over on the side and not in the front? Looks like the bushes are blocking the entrance to the door?

ripple
05-30-2006, 09:19 PM
SWEET JOB....does the scaffolding fit through the door?

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey, looks good.. Dont know if you answered this or not.. but why is the door over on the side and not in the front? Looks like the bushes are blocking the entrance to the door?
bushes are going to be moved and a gravel pathway put in, that big evergreen though is staying, that was the only practical location for the door, as the trampoline is on the gabel end side, the fence on the other gabel end side and another fence on the back of the shed. And we really didn't want to move or get rid of the big evergreen so thats where the door ended up. It also adds to the security aspect as well as it is hard to see the door.

thanks
mike

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
SWEET JOB....does the scaffolding fit through the door?
yup, i was a little shaky about it but i got it out when i came home from school, its all cleanup inside and ready for its coat of floor sealer/protectant.

I just can't wait for the shelving and work benches and such to go in, then finally get all my equipment and stuff in there!

thanks mike

South Florida Lawns
05-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow you can help me down here re-model my house anytime.

Very well done, clean and neat looking.

Keep up the good work and it will pay off!

Lynch Landscaping
05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Mike sweet job, Im ordering one a few weeks(Im to lazy!!! Na jk im so busy and i don't have enough experience to do it any way). Where did you keep all of your stuff during all of this construction. Again SWEET JOB!!! Hope you keep busy.
Lynch Landscaping

phototropic1
05-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, I must say I was impressed before I even read MMLawn's post that alluded to your age. I had no idea you were as young as you are. I thought your shop looked like a nice, sensible storage place that any small operator would be proud to have. But now that I know your age, I'm really excited for you and the great amount of inititative you've shown. I agree with other posters that you'll be a success when you're older. Hell, you're already one! Keep it up!

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
That looks very, very nice! I would love to have a nice shop like that to work on my stuff, but untill i get some more lawns, and my mower is paid off, i cant have one LOL. It looks like you guys did a VERY NICE job building that!

dcondon
05-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Very nice job you did. Keep up the good work young man:cool2:

mcwlandscaping
06-03-2006, 02:11 PM
cement pad was just poured for the ramp to the shed, too bad its raining so i can't do much else today on it.

Daner
06-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Looking real good...