PDA

View Full Version : New Dixon Pictures

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Here (hopefully) are some pictures of my new dixon mower. It is a 44 inch, with the twin cylinder 20 hp B&S engine. I do have the catcher and blower for it, which i use on all my lawns, but I didnt want to put it on just to take the picture... And yes, I do know this is a homeowner mower, but for the number of lawns i do, i feel it should work ok.

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Another picture.

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 04:59 PM
very cool man, that older one is pretty neat too! what will you do with that one? congrats on the new mower!

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Right now, the plan is to sell the older one. I will prolly park it by the street (chained up to the basketball goal, of course) with a for sale sign on it. I really dont know what it is worth, would like to get $1000 out of it.

Anyway, I am very happy with the new mower. It cuts real nice, and the blower on the bagger is real nice in wet or overgrown conditions. It is just small enough to fit through all the gates on my yards to! I think I am one of very few people to get a loan for a lawnmower at 15...all my friends think I am nuts. I bought the older one new in 2002, too.

Thanks,
KS_Grasscutter

zim bob the landscaper
05-30-2006, 07:13 PM
thats cool that you have 2 ztrs at the age of 15. just take care of it and it will do fine.

zgman
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
that seat sure looks comfy :)

paolaken
05-30-2006, 08:39 PM
how old is the old one?

ToroLandscaper
05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
what size and HP is the new one

Jason Rose
05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Where's the catchers man? we do nothing but bag grass here and you take pics with no catchers? lol!

Ok, now you have me wanting to take some pics of a "real" mower and post them here. hahahaha. Unfortunately, mine is DIRTY and not as pretty as yours anymore...

Torolandscaper: The engine on that is a 20hp briggs twin. That's really a load of power for a 44" deck...

I'd say he's doing good. I'm rather pizzed as I NEVER had that nice of equipment at that age! Actually I had an Ariens YT-11 32" cut and a 21" snapper. But I guess I didn't have any mower payments either! lol

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 09:31 PM
zg- yea, the seat is comfy LOL...so much so that i have been mowing the lawn about every three days....

paolaken- the older one is a 2002, that i bought new, in 6th grade...actually, i paid for about half of it...but whos counting LOL

ToroLandscaper-Jason was right...20hp, 44in. (thanks for covering for me there, jason)

Jason-the catchers have to come off to get through the little tiny gate, and to go into the pile of plywood with shake shingles i call a shed...And yes, it does sorta suck kto owe the bank $4000 at 15 for a lawnmower, but it does make for some pretty good bragging rights. the catcher will be on next time i post a picture, i promise:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

BTW, thanks everyone for the compliments.
KS_Grasscutter

RedWolf
05-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Man I wish my dixon still looked that good.the two guys I HAD working for me tore up the body in about amonth.They no longer work for me so now i need to find body parts now LOL.

jameson
05-30-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm thinking its nice to see a mower that isnt painted red.

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm thinking its nice to see a mower that isnt painted red.

:) thanks! Dixon are the most common mowers around here with LCOs. There are a few that run Grasshopper or Walker, but hardly any of anything else.

:usflag:
KS_Grasscutter

All_Clear
05-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Nice mower, it kinda puts the older model to shame...

As for the older one... If you dont get any bites for the price you want in the yard... Ebay it! for the ridiculous prices they go for there you should stand to get $1,000 or more. For the cost of a few dollars to advertise it, you really cant beat it.

All Clear

cessnasovereign
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Awesome! I have a 2003 Zeeter exactly like your old one. I sold my Toro Proline 48" for $4900 and the guy threw in the Zeeter, I've been using it until I buy my Exmark ZTR in a month or so, fun little mower and I'm gonna keep it for the few yards I have with backyards and an apartment complex to use in between the buildings.

paolaken
05-31-2006, 02:54 PM
i bought a john deere 68 rear engine rider around the 5th or 6th grade. loved it. had 2 hooks on the back that the lawnboy would sit on as i drove to my lawns. kept wearing out the rear wheels. that was awhile ago. things were alot easier then.