PDA

View Full Version : lets get colorado going

Diablo
05-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone, I am relocating from North Carolina to Colorado in the next month or two. I am planning to start another LCO out there within the next year or so. I have noticed that CO does not do so great with these networking threads, hopefully we can change that. Looking forward to meeting some new folks out there so if you are in CO pipe up and be heard!!:usflag:

Brendan Smith
05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
wish i could join you, but my wife wants to be "closer" to the dreaded family

Diablo
05-31-2006, 10:51 AM
thats alright brendon, any fellow barrel chested freedom fighter is always close at heart. 10th group is what calls me out to Colorado anyway. But I figure if I am there, I'll just stay and cut some grass awhile. Ok Colorado, so far the only reply is from South Carolina, whats going on?:usflag:

Diablo
06-05-2006, 05:20 PM
just trying to bump this one back up to the front, figured I'd give it one more try. I know there is somebody out there from Colorado.

Diablo
06-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Just kidding, orders changed today, looks like I will be spending the next couple of years in Deutschland. But, I will be back in Colorado in a couple of years so if you guys wanna get a thread going that would be AWESOME!!:usflag:

DanaMac
06-17-2006, 09:51 AM
There are 3 or 4 of us Coloradans in the irrigation section. I've done work with/for 2 of them.

cochino12
06-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Where are you moving to in Colorado? :usflag:

Diablo
06-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I am moving to Colorado Springs. The army told me last week that my orders had changed and I would be going to Germany instead, then the next day they changed them back, so I will still be coming to colorado springs, the first week of august.:usflag:

Diablo
06-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Alright, now that we have found someone from CO, I have a question. What size mowers do you guys use out there? I was all set to buy a couple new 48"s when I got there, then I realized that most of the yards are much smaller there. What do you guys think?:usflag:

cochino12
06-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Alright, now that we have found someone from CO, I have a question. What size mowers do you guys use out there? I was all set to buy a couple new 48"s when I got there, then I realized that most of the yards are much smaller there. What do you guys think?:usflag:

Depends on what your focus is. I just bought a 48" stander and It's too big for about 70% of my yards. Last year I used a 32" exmark belt all year and I did pretty good. Are you going to stay solo? Next year my second crew will be a 2- 32"s and 1 21".

Diablo
06-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey Cochino, I still owe the service another year or two, so during that time I will not be doing anything but solo work. Afterwards I would like to hopefully set up a crew specifically for the lawn maintenance stuff. I want to get more into custom installs myself. Do you think the 32" would be the way to go out there or would a 36" fit most lawns as well? You said the stander is too big. Is that too big for the actual lawn, or are you dealing with alot of gates? Thanks for the advice. Oh by the way, are you in Colorado Springs as well?:usflag:

colawn
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
there are tons of gates out here. I run 32 exmarks hydros and a couple of 21. If exmark would ever fix the 26 to work properly it would be the way to go IMO. Good luck with the move. The springs is a great place to live.

Diablo
07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks colawn, good to see someone else from Colorado. Do you live in the Springs? Im heading out next week with all my crap, that should be fun. Hoping to find a house to buy during my visit. Happy cutting.:usflag:

twwlawn
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Thought I drop in here, I use a Gravely 34Z, 36" walk-behinds and 21" mowers mostly. Small gates with large lawns is what a mow. I sold all my bigger mower's when I stop doing commercial accounts. Anyhow, stay in touch and I would look forward to meeting up someday.
Best Regards,
twwlawn

Diablo
07-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Welcome twwlawn:drinkup: Do you have any problems with those 36"s on residential properties? I am so used to cutting grass here in NC that its hard for me to imagine using 21" mowers. The lawns here are about 5 times as large though. I know the houses I am looking at buying in the springs all have only around 6500 sf lawns. Also, what do you guys charge for a 7000 sf lawn in Colorado?

twwlawn
07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I use the 36" mowers only on lawns area's that have slopes, because the 34Z is like sled and it is not safe to use. 6500 to 7000 sq. ft. lawns 35.00 to 45.00 per cut, depends on what the customer wants done to their lawn and also the area location. Also, the location in town you are in is a factor on what to charge. The 21' mower's I use on small lawns to where the 34Z can't go.

Diablo
07-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Thats great news! $35 to $45 is what I would charge for a 20,000 sf lawn in NC. I can't wait to break into the business out there. Hopefully we can keep this thread going and scratch each others backs a little. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July by the way.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

colawn
07-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Yeah I live in the Springs but work in Denver.

Diablo
07-09-2006, 01:18 PM
That seems like quite a commute colawn, too far for me. Is the business better there?:usflag:

colawn
07-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah the money is better. I bought the business up there and am planning of trying to get lots of business down here in the springs next year. Basically use the denver stuff the float the startup down here. I do have some work down here this year but no advertising. The commute is not fun but it's good money.:hammerhead:

DanaMac
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Don't forget to think about us Lawnsite Irrigation guys when you're needing to refer out sprinkler work.

Diablo
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
You got it Danamac, but remember that goes both ways.:usflag:

DanaMac
07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Sounds good. Another Lawnsite member in the irrigation forum had to scale back the lawn mowing so I can't really refer him for that now. You may find you are going to limit your boundaries here as the C Springs area is very large and sprawling out, so let us know if there are areas you will or won't work.

twwlawn
07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Don't forget to think about us Lawnsite Irrigation guys when you're needing to refer out sprinkler work.

Need to get in touch with you, I get calls for sprinkler services and I don't have the time to do them. PM me with your info so I can refer them to you.

Diablo
07-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey Danamac, I probably will not have much to refer to you in the first year or so, nor will I be looking for many yet, but I was thinking, I may be interested in riding along with ya to learn a thing or two if you dont mind. I dont really know anything about irrigation systems, but I would like to put one in at my place in Colorado.:usflag:

lawncare3
08-13-2006, 04:45 PM
You in state yet? I am trying to set up everyone for lunch sometime once everything settles down.:usflag:

twwlawn
08-13-2006, 06:43 PM
You in state yet? I am trying to set up everyone for lunch sometime once everything settles down.:usflag:

Give me a buzz when you do that.

lawncare3
08-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Give me a buzz when you do that.

Will do.

15 characters..................................................................................

mojob
08-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Hello everyone, I am relocating from North Carolina to Colorado in the next month or two. I am planning to start another LCO out there within the next year or so. I have noticed that CO does not do so great with these networking threads, hopefully we can change that. Looking forward to meeting some new folks out there so if you are in CO pipe up and be heard!!:usflag:
Great...another rat in the rat race. Just kidding! There are alot of people here doing this for a living though. The job market can't keep up with all the people moving here from California and Texas so they buy a couple of mowers and a magnetic sign for their vehicle. You think I'm kidding, you'll see. Good luck with everything. You might want to try a Wright Stander 32". Fast, gets through almost all gates and cuts good. I love mine.

Diablo
08-23-2006, 10:54 PM
I am in state now, bought a place in the springs, I love the idea of meeting everyone. I am deploying to Iraq in March so we are kind of busy over here getting ready and what not. Lawn care business is a way off now, I may need someone to take care of my place while I am gone though. I would still like to begin the whole networking thing though. Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing well, talk to ya soon.:usflag:

colawn
08-26-2006, 09:56 PM
where are you living at? I am on the southwest side of the springs under norad:usflag:

Smithers
12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
cancel post....

lawncare3
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
How are you springs guys doing there with travel? The $H#@ really hit the fan today eh?

Diablo
05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Well....it's been awhile since I posted anything in this thread....or any of you guys for that matter! Status.....I am now on terminal leave from the Army and just bought a Chevy Silverado crew cab, a blue bird aerator, Husky trimmer, blower, chainsaw and tree trimmer, a nice commercial series troy bilt 21" mower and about a milllion small tools. I have only been taking customers on for about a week but I've already made over $1,000 doing aerations alone this week. Not bad. So.....if you guys have any residentials/small commercials that you can't or don't want to do anymore, keep me in mind. I've done this for years in NC and do good work at a price that pays my bills....(no lowballing). Additionally....I'm in the market for a 32" - 36" walk behind...or stander if any of you guys have one you don't need or even if you just spot a good deal.

I hope we can all get together and do a breakfast or something sometime soon, good luck, Mike.:usflag:

Diablo
05-25-2009, 06:45 PM
How bout a little bump!:usflag:

MileHigh
06-05-2009, 01:48 AM
How's business?

Diablo
06-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Well.....I'm just getting started in business again but so far....so good. Of course I would love to be flooded with too much work to do and grow at an explosive rate....but I'll take what I can get. Biggest thing for me is that I need more equipment/people but can't quite afford it yet. How about you?:usflag:

tracyalan
08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Colorado here. (Aurora)
Yard service as well as lawn painting service.
Tracy

CrazyBlonde
02-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Bump! Anybody else from Colorful Colorado??? C'mon Colorado, there's lots of you on here! We're on the Western Slope! The sunny side, in Grand Junction. Let's hear from you, where are you? what services do you offer? Just say Hi!

tracyalan
02-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Welcome Crazy Blonde.
We offer lawn mowing as well as some general yard work.
We specialize in lawn painting and offer mulch/pine straw painting as well.
Glad to see someone from Grande Junction on the site!!!

hoskm01
02-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Loveland/Fort Collins here. Commercial landscape management, construction, snow and ice.

I haven't been out of the irrigation forum in probably three years. I chat with DanaMac a lot, ski and board together as well in the winter.

Good to see a few posts on here from Coloradoans. Hoping for snow.

cozymonkey
03-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Denver Metro Area here. We offer lawn care and snow removal services. This site great for info but not alot of people here from CO. Seems to be a different business back east.

HazellLawnCare
10-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the Denver area and considering starting a turf management business. I doubt I do any mowing, just fertilization and weed control and aerations and overseeding. Before I get yelled at to get a license I understand that is necessary and I am looking into it. I have a very large lawn care business that I sold in Missouri when I went to work for the railroad. Just looking at starting a small business where I can manage the quality of work being done. I am in the Parker area, thinking of servicing Parker, Castle Rock and Highlands Ranch maybe? Any advice? Where are you getting supplies from?

John1219
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the forums, how's business in colorado for all of you guys?

John1219
10-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the Denver area and considering starting a turf management business. I doubt I do any mowing, just fertilization and weed control and aerations and overseeding. Before I get yelled at to get a license I understand that is necessary and I am looking into it. I have a very large lawn care business that I sold in Missouri when I went to work for the railroad. Just looking at starting a small business where I can manage the quality of work being done. I am in the Parker area, thinking of servicing Parker, Castle Rock and Highlands Ranch maybe? Any advice? Where are you getting supplies from?

Hey good to see a new coloradian, I'm in littleton, and the best place I've found to get anything from so far is over off Parker and Iliff area, Alamia if you guys have heard of them, they have had everything I needed. I even picked up some really nice redmax 8050 blowers there last weekend, they were having a special sale on redmax 8050's and the 7150 backpack blowers, hell of a deal, the owner was telling me he has been in business for 20+ years as well

Diablo
12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Well it's about time isn't it? I bet there's more than one or two folks here pretty happy about mother nature at the moment. I wish I was plowing this year, but I had to get rid of my good plow truck. I am jealous though:) So, I haven't been on in a while, but it's good to see some more folks popping up here and there, let's see if we can get this thread going! I would like to organize a breakfast in the next couple of weeks, anybody interested?:usflag:

Diablo
01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
My New Year's resolution is to continuously and obnoxiously bump this thread up until we get some networking going in Colorado!:usflag:

Diablo
01-10-2011, 02:12 AM
bumpity bump bump bump

Diablo
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
hump day bump day

MileHigh
01-13-2011, 12:13 PM
...Get them landscape maintenance contracts...There starting to fly out in the commercial world.

Diablo
01-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey Milehigh, thanks for chiming in! I'm chasing them as hard as I can right now, at least in the Springs I'm finding that most arent quite thinking about them yet though.......let me know if ya get any hot leads.:usflag:

VTLC2006
01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey newbie here in Boulder. Starting up this Spring 2012 in Boulder and looking for some contacts. ( mower shops ect. ) Any info would be great.

Diablo
01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Good luck to you in your first year of business....I don't have any contacts in Boulder unfortunately, I'm located in Colorado Springs, and could hook you up with all kind of stuff down here...but I'm sure you'll figure it out. One of the best ways I got started with that kind of stuff was by walking in to my competitors offices, introducing myself and asking questions. You wouldn't believe how many of those guys still refer work to me today. Again, good luck...and don't be a stranger.

Mike.

VTLC2006
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks Diablo I appreciate the info. I guess there aren't too many Colorado guys on here. I had a company so i am familiar everything. It is just so different from back east where i moved from. There is just a lot less of everything here.
Maybe one day ill take a ride down there.

TYTILIDIE
03-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Colorado Springs checking in.

ostrichsak
04-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Colorado Springs checking in.

Holy crap man! You're everywhere!! :laugh:

TYTILIDIE
04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Holy crap man! You're everywhere!! :laugh:

What do you mean?

ostrichsak
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
What do you mean?

It's me, Jer. :dancing:

TYTILIDIE
04-07-2012, 09:40 AM
It's me, Jer. :dancing:

Hey buddy! What a small internet?! How is life up in the Fort?

ostrichsak
04-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Hey buddy! What a small internet?! How is life up in the Fort?

Fantastic. How's the Springs?

TYTILIDIE
04-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Flooded with competition. Everyone's right hand man has quit to start their own business to collect the big checks for themselves. Over the last five years I have seen at least 30 companies come and go. Just wondering how I am still here. We are actually doing pretty damn good. Cash flow is starting to be there, our name is gaining strength finally, have three trucks going, not too bad at all. Employees have been the absolute worst over the past year though. Had some theft go on, quitters, liars, idiots.....oh the joys!!

ostrichsak
04-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Wowzers!

10char

Blades Lawn Maintenance
06-30-2012, 08:08 PM
What up y'all not from Colorado but thinking about moving to Estes park... Little small town but gotta love it

ModernImageLandscape
02-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Any of you Colorado guys still running around on here. My company is based in Grand Junction

lawncare3
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Any of you Colorado guys still running around on here. My company is based in Grand Junction

Yes denver Metro
Posted via Mobile Device

ModernImageLandscape
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Nice. IS there anybody from the west side of the mountain? I'm in Denver quite a bit throughout the year visiting family. Maybe one of these trips I'll have to swing by and meet some of you guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawncare3
02-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Nice. IS there anybody from the west side of the mountain? I'm in Denver quite a bit throughout the year visiting family. Maybe one of these trips I'll have to swing by and meet some of you guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

A lunch meet up would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModernImageLandscape
02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Ya for sure. I'll be in Denver this month but will be swamped while I'm there. Maybe next time I'm over if work allows, I'll swing in.