PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate pics

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Anyone ever done this? Accidently left the tailgate down and went to turn and crushed it on the jack. Bent the whole thing as you can see in the second better picture. Lol it really sucks and costs about 450 bucks for a new tailgate.

Mowerboy04
05-30-2006, 09:11 PM
been there done that. you only do it once though :dizzy:
alex

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2006, 09:16 PM
ouchhhh, thats really gotta suck

ripple
05-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Worse is when you are hauling a gooseneck trailer and forget to put the tailgate DOWN and then try to drive off!

DBL
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
didnt do that but on my 03 i backed into a cvs plowing it this winter with a salt spreader and it looks just as bad

Ron's Lawncare
05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
you should see what a dump insert tailgate does to an enclosed trailer....:hammerhead: i've only done that once....

meathead1134
05-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Anyone ever done this? Accidently left the tailgate down and went to turn and crushed it on the jack. Bent the whole thing as you can see in the second better picture. Lol it really sucks and costs about 450 bucks for a new tailgate.

check out car-part.com for a tailgate. I've ordered numerous parts from there. I needed a turn signal/ hazard light switch for my truck. $225.00 brand new. I got it from a bone yard somewhere off that site for $10.00. I would really check out car-part.com for what ever part you need just my .02

TriplePLandscaping
05-30-2006, 10:09 PM
ALMOST done that about 3 times...

Lynch Landscaping
05-30-2006, 10:18 PM
That sucks, so many people I know do it all of the time.

DJ Contracting
05-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Yup only not as bad as you did it.

KS_Grasscutter
05-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Ive done the "oops, the trailer hitch aint latched" thing...but it wasnt anywhere NEAR that bad...

phototropic1
05-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Yo Jacob, I've been driving a truck with a tailgate like that for several years. Except mine's white!!!

jblawns123
05-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Funny, I see tailgates like that all the time... never put 2 and 2 together. Never really gave it much thought, just assumed something fell on the tailgate.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-30-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah its a big pain in the azz. she bent so bad we had to take the whole damn thing off bc the latch was messed up and it wouldnt close right. riddin round for 2 months without a tailgate sucks lol.

LindblomRJ
05-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Worse is when you are hauling a gooseneck trailer and forget to put the tailgate DOWN and then try to drive off!
My dad has done that, TWICE!;)

FearThisDeere
05-31-2006, 08:00 AM
looks familiar. I backed a ford Ranger into a dumpster that it could fit in (should have been in the dumpster:dancing: ) at about 9 MPH. I wasn't paying any attention. I was happy to have the tailgate down. Saved me form a lot more of a hassle. It would'n shut it was bent so bad and to take it off we had to cut the mounts. It was a mess!

jim dailey
05-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Funny, I see tailgates like that all the time... never put 2 and 2 together. Never really gave it much thought, just assumed something fell on the tailgate.

A lot of the tailgates that you see dented are from "Lally Columns" being tossed into the bed. A Lally Column is the metal column that is in your basement, under the main support beam. Guys will put them into the bed of the truck and hang them over the closed tailgate. They are heavy metal and filled with cement. A couple of bounces and the tailgate is trash. Three or four columns, all together in one spot, and the tailgate is history with the first pothole.

Audrey
05-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey! I did that! :laugh:

I had only about 5000 miles on the new truck too! I used a slam type dent puller to get almost all of it out. I took out the latch paddle and got the end of a 2x3 inside and beat on it good. It's gone for the most part. But, I still have to look at it every day since '93. Still pissed...

Just tell anyone who asks that it's the new GM racing style tailgate. The "flat" on the top helps create more downforce so the tires get more "gripsion". :laugh:

A

Splicer
05-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Brand new truck in '86 was loading a Kaw 1000 in the back...Smart as we were back then we thought we could back the truck up (tail gate down) to an over hang and just drive the bike right on...at this point the tailgate was over a stone retaining wall...no problems...untill we put that massive bikes weight on the tailgate which immediately was shoved onto the top of the rock wall crushing the outer skin:hammerhead: ...the truck was 3 weeks old...and it was black to top it off...NEVER happened again...:laugh:

Idealtim
05-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Ive stabbed the tounge throught the tailgate trying to line it up.

MMLawn
05-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, the good thing is then since you are only 14 you won't be driving in around for that 2 months.....

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Well, the good thing is then since you are only 14 you won't be driving in around for that 2 months.....

For the record im not 14. And what does it matter how old I am anyway?

MMLawn
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
For the record im not 14. And what does it matter how old I am anyway?

I'm sorry, so you've had a birthday and now you are 15.

and it matters because you have a foul mouth for a 15 year old kid AND you want people to think you are a "pro" when in fact your are a kid.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, so you've had a birthday and now you are 15.

and it matters because you have a foul mouth for a 15 year old kid AND you want people to think you are a "pro" when in fact your are a kid.

Whatever man im not going to argue with you about this. I was just tryin to post some pictures and stuff for people to talk about and i AGAIN get criticized for how old I am. I still dont see what my age matters to you and if im so young and such a "kid" then why do you even waste your time posting crap about my age.

scagchevy4life
06-02-2006, 02:58 AM
because hes a smart ass and he thinks that just because he has been in longer, that he should be the "PRO". When infact most kids do **** also. When i was 12 i was moving car for dad.. big deal.. now im 18, and im moving **** for myself, either way, the the (excuse my lang.) hell does it matter what age you are.. you do something and your on a forum to post about it, then hes writing about something he did. I always read about you complaining about how people arent pro enough for you. Well... maybe you should go write a friggin book on what a real pro is in the lawn buisness... then maybe you'll get some respect by people that you demoralize. Otherwise leave the kids (like myself) alone. just calm down and sip a beer down:drinkup: , read up some forums, and give a opinion, not write a editorial about what we answer wrong or how were "too young to know anything about that". I can almost guarentee that i know more about a computer than you, make me a pro... no, just make me wiser...
JMO...
No hard feelings... just had to say it:dancing:

Lawn Enforcer
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I know a local farmer here who bought a property and went to check it out and left when it was dark. He backed over a stump. Bent the frame, broke the window, bent up the bed. Did alot of damage to his Chevy.