PDA

View Full Version : Implications of personal vehicle for business use?

fiveoboy01
05-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I'll be using my personal truck to tow my rig for a while.

As far as insurance, what will I need to do? Get a seperate policy for business use, or will it be covered under the personal insurance I have now and the liability insurance for the business?

murray83
05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
as far as insurance i'm not shure about laws in your area others might help better on that subject.

as far as taxes,you can write a certain percentage of the truck off on your taxes might be a bonus to you there,a reason many small buisness owners drive their own car/truck.

carcrz
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
I know that as long as we did only lawn care & ABSOLUTELY NO snow removal, our agent was okay w/ us using our truck for work. I guess if he sees the plow on the front, we were just about to gas up to push our driveway again.

stroker51
06-01-2006, 10:45 PM
I think it depends on your agent, company, area, etc. My agent knows what I do, knows i pull a trailer, push snow, and drive it for personal use, and there is no special policy or anything. Just my full coverage for my 96, liability for the 83, and liability for mowing/landscape/snow. and it is nice to be able to write off like 2/3 of my truck expenses for my personal pickup since it is used 2/3 of the miles for business.