PDA

View Full Version : Any good <$300 design programs?

PLM-1
05-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Are there any good <$300 design programs? I don't do a ton of installs but i would like something that doesn't look "thrown together". I would like prolandscape but at this point not going to spend the money. I would like something with a plant library too. Any ideas?

Travel'n Trees
06-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Do landscape Pro 12 I have yet to not even get overage with it.

Mike33
06-03-2006, 10:33 PM
no, they start at 1,000.00

EGL&L
06-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Take a look at EP Henry Hardscape Imaging. I bought it for the design of walls and patios, as I plan to expand into that area soon, but use it all the time for planting designs.
It has libraries for walls, pavers, lights, flowers, shrubs, trees, vines, mulch, water features, etc. They even offer free downloads of new updated libraries.
It is easy to use....take a digital pic, load into the program, and just point and click to outline your areas.
I would be happy to mail to you a photo of a planting area that I have done with the program.
I have only been using it since March of this year, after seeing it at their Hardscaping show in Atlantic City, have done 3 larger designs, and have gotten each of the jobs.
I believe the cost was about $149 for the program, and then there is an additional fee if you want to use the estimator program, which I have not paid (300).
Hope this helps.

PLM-1
06-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Take a look at EP Henry Hardscape Imaging. I bought it for the design of walls and patios, as I plan to expand into that area soon, but use it all the time for planting designs.
It has libraries for walls, pavers, lights, flowers, shrubs, trees, vines, mulch, water features, etc. They even offer free downloads of new updated libraries.
It is easy to use....take a digital pic, load into the program, and just point and click to outline your areas.
I would be happy to mail to you a photo of a planting area that I have done with the program.
I have only been using it since March of this year, after seeing it at their Hardscaping show in Atlantic City, have done 3 larger designs, and have gotten each of the jobs.
I believe the cost was about $149 for the program, and then there is an additional fee if you want to use the estimator program, which I have not paid (300).
Hope this helps.

That would be awesome if you could send me a pic! precisionlawnmanagement@hotmail.com

Dreams To Designs
06-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Are you looking for a 3D imaging program for client presentations? If so, the EP Henry software may work for you. It does hardscaping well, but is very limited for any other features including plants. It has no plan mode, so you will have to stick to pencils and vellum for your true designs. It will not really help you design, as it is only a presentation tool, but an inexpensive one at that.

http://www.ephenry.com/Design/hi.asp

Kirk

Daner
12-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Are you looking for a 3D imaging program for client presentations? If so, the EP Henry software may work for you. It does hardscaping well, but is very limited for any other features including plants. It has no plan mode, so you will have to stick to pencils and vellum for your true designs. It will not really help you design, as it is only a presentation tool, but an inexpensive one at that.

Kirk
Could you suggest a Landscape design program that Is very basic and real easy to use...maybe someting like the above ,that you take a photo then add the shrubs ,lawn flowers etc
Thanks
Daner

Daner
12-10-2006, 08:37 AM

Kirk
sorry doble post

Lawnworks
12-10-2006, 09:00 AM
If you are bidding on 5k and up jobs, I would not want anything less than landscape pro. It will pay for itself. Why don't you put a wanted add for a used landscape pro in the classifieds? That is where I got mine for $500.

Dreams To Designs
12-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Pro Landscape has a promotion going on right now that reduces the price by $200. If that is too much for now, go with Lawnworks idea and try to find an older or unused copy someone purchased but didn't have the time for. Just remember, it is only a presentation tool, it will not make your skills or lack there of any better. You may be able to work with someone that already has a program and knowledge that can benefit you in ways not yet realized. If you have a pic you'd like to image, we can discuss it, if you would like my help.

Kirk

nlminc
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Pro Landscape has a promotion going on right now that reduces the price by $200. If that is too much for now, go with Lawnworks idea and try to find an older or unused copy someone purchased but didn't have the time for. Just remember, it is only a presentation tool, it will not make your skills or lack there of any better. You may be able to work with someone that already has a program and knowledge that can benefit you in ways not yet realized. If you have a pic you'd like to image, we can discuss it, if you would like my help.

Kirk

Where do you see the promotion with $200 off? I'm looking to purchase it and learn the program over the winter months.

Dreams To Designs
12-12-2006, 06:49 AM
This was in an email sent to me. You can call them and speak with David Sloan or catch up with them at any of the major trade shows for their special pricing.

Landscape Professional,

Drafix Software is currently shipping Version 12 of PRO Landscape, which offers the best set of design tools on the market. Purchase nothing else to bring the efficiencies of technology to your landscape design. Our software package is so easy to learn and use, you can be up and running in only a few hours. PRO Landscape sells for $1,395.00, but until December 31st you have an opportunity to buy the very best technology for your business for only $1,195.00!

We think you’ll agree that PRO Landscape is the most professional and polished design software product available for the landscaping industry today. If you are unhappy with the software during the first 60 days for any reason, we’ll refund your money 100%. Simple as that! To purchase a copy of PRO Landscape, or to discuss how your company can start benefiting from computer design, please call the sales department at (800) 231-8574, or email us at sales@prolandscape.com.

*Promotional price absolutely ends 12/31/06

www.prolandscape.com

Kirk

nlminc
12-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks Kirk
That is the price listed on their website. I didn't see anything about the promotion.

Dreams To Designs
12-12-2006, 09:07 AM
It's a good amount of money, and I would suggest taking their training program when it comes relatively close to you, but the rewards are worth it. You'll have to decide if you want a large format printer for plans or taking a disc or email to a printer like Kinko's. The 3D imaging looks great on 8.5" x 11" paper or emailed directly to your client.

Kirk

lawnpro724
12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Realtime Landscaping Pro, realtime 3D, Importing, and best of all no CAD.