PDA

View Full Version : Pic of the 312

Scag48
06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
This is the only one I have, I was in a hurry to get this one as it was. As you can see in the background how dry it is around here, we burned piles within 300 feet of that sage and scrub brush. Didn't start a fire and we're completely done with the project.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/DSC_0002_edited-1resize.jpg

We finally got our laser system last week. It's a Trimble Spectra LL300 sending unit with a CR600 machine mounted/grade rod mounted reciever, pretty cool stuff.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
06-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Nice machine. You pull that with your 2500 or somethin else?

Scag48
06-01-2006, 07:57 PM
We're having it hauled by a private trucking contractor at the moment. Next year we'll buy a dump truck. At this point, we need to get this machine somewhat paid for then we'll drop $90K for a truck and trailer.

I have no doubts either of our Fords could physically pull 28,000 pounds plus a trailer, it's just a matter of legallity and getting it stopped :drinkup:

murray83
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
LOL i'd pay good money to see a 3/4 ton chevy haul a 312 ;)

noticed a local contractor just bought a 324DL i wonder how the new D series will take off?

Gravel Rat
06-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey the side panels are not scratched or have any dents in them yet you can't be working the machine hard enough :laugh:

The machine looks good looks pretty clean too. From the picture your area looks pretty desert like conditions the same as the interior of B.C. .

Dirty Water
06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I was just in your area last week Scag. It is dry out there right now.

I don't think the issue is a 3/4 ton pulling that 312, its steering (Front wheels will be off the ground :laugh:) and stopping :)

Scag48
06-01-2006, 09:17 PM
GR, there's a quite a few surface scratches you can see close up on the machine already from swinging around the trees. Also, the stick got mutilated, the trees scratched the hell out of it. Oh well. Technically our climate here is desert, less than 6 inches of rain a year, pretty dry! I'm changing air filters every 125-150 hours for primary filters and 250-300 hours for secondary filters. At $50 a filter for primaries and $25 for secondary, it's cheap insurance with all the dust we work in.

DW, you're right, it's REALLY dry. We were planning on waiting to burn until this fall, but with the rain we've had the last couple weeks the weather coordinated perfectly with our burn days and we got it all done. We did have 3 fires that burned in the grass, 1 got to be about 2 acres in size in less than half an hour, but other than that we didn't have any problems.

Gravel Rat
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
You getting a few spare filters so you can send the others out for cleaning you can have the primary and secondary filter both cleaned. The primary filter should be changed quite abit the secondary filter should only need cleaning every 2-3 primary filter changes. If the secondary filter is getting plugged up that soon than the primary filters are not doing their job.

Should be using Donaldson filters they are about the best you can get.

Scag48
06-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Manual says to change the secondary every other primary change. You think that's too often?

Tigerotor77W
06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Nice! I like that color. :D

Is that a rather long stick on the machine?

Scag48
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Medium 8'2" stick. Looks long, huh? I couldn't imagine having the long stick, that would be ridiculous.

Gravel Rat
06-01-2006, 11:17 PM
If thats what it says I would keep doing it untill warranty is up you don't want any excuses for the dealer to wiggle out of warranty. The reason for the secondary filter is extra protection it really doesn't provide more filtration.

Its a back up filter incase the primary filter blows up or gets a big hole in it. You should have a filter minder installed on the filter housing it gives you a idea how pluged up the filters are getting.

Dirty Water
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Its a back up filter incase the primary filter blows up or gets a big hole in it. You should have a filter minder installed on the filter housing it gives you a idea how pluged up the filters are getting.

Is that the vaccum gauge type thing that some machines have that tells you when to change your filter? It doesn't work on either of our ditchwitches heh.

Gravel Rat
06-01-2006, 11:30 PM
It works on all the trucks I worked on its just to give you a ball park idea nothing beats pulling the filter out and giving it a gentle tap on the edge to see how loaded the filter is.

Scag48
06-01-2006, 11:56 PM
For some reason, there isn't a vacuum gauge on the filter housing. I might install one, but the machine has a sensor that tells you when the filter needs changing and it pops up on the LCD display in the cab. Our 277B is the same, no guage on the housing but an indicator light when the filter needs to be changed. We had a demo 277 for 2 weeks and working in the dusty conditions we have I clogged it up twice. Pulled the filter out, it was dirty, but not so dirty that the secondary filter was dirty, so the indicator does a good job of informing you when the filter needs to be changed.

mrusk
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Looks real good scag!!

Gravel Rat
06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
If the filters are getting clogged that fast what about yourself breathing in the dust it must be tough working conditions being so dusty and dry.

If you have a warning light in the cab that tells you that the filters are getting full thats good enough.

Maybe Squizzy will chime in he works in dusty conditions maybe he has some ideas they use to keep the filters from loading up so fast.

Tigerotor77W
06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Medium 8'2" stick. Looks long, huh? I couldn't imagine having the long stick, that would be ridiculous.

Could be the camera angle and my inexperience. :)

But it sure looks nice regardless!

jazak
06-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Very nice machine!!:) But I have one question for you,
Why didn't you get it with the zero tail swing? Overall its a nice machine. Jared

Scag48
06-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Mostly for cost and availability reasons. Plus, I HATE the 314 cabs, they're so small and that sliding door is more trouble than it's worth. We could have gotten a 311CU, the utility model, which isn't quite zero radius swing like the 314 is, but they didnt' have any 311CU's with a long carriage and that's a must. Plus, the C series 312's don't have a whole lot of overhang as it is, I'm still surprised at how short they are.