PDA

View Full Version : 303.5C CR arrived today !

Mini man
06-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I have not used it yey...first impressions...The access to all pumps , filters, valves etc is easy and well thought out. Interior Cab is roomy...lots of A/C ducting. Auto throttle ( sweet ). The only dissapointement at first glance is there is no way to switch between High and Low speed travel without engaging a toggle switch. Not sure if it is going to be a pain when grading as I am used to the infinite adjustment at the push off my foot on the floor switch with the 393.5 I had...need 3 hands I guess.

Mini man
06-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I mean 303.5 I had sorry

Dirty Water
06-02-2006, 12:25 AM
393.5 eh, Thats a hell of a mini :laugh:

I usually run a Case mini, and the hi-low switch is on one of the travel levers, I grade with one hand on the backfill blade lever and one controlling both travel levers (or use my feet)

But really, how much grading can you do with a mini? My experience is that the short track length makes them follow the grade too much and you can't really cut with the backfill blade. It backblades material pretty good though.

Where are the pictures :D

tylermckee
06-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Depending on what the soil is like i can make a pretty damn good cut with the backfill blade on a mini. If its rocky soil i dont waste my time.

Scag48
06-02-2006, 01:04 AM
I thought the 2 speed toggle was on the blade control lever? I've gotten pretty good at grading with a mini, having a float valve makes backdragging easy and leaves a nice finish.

Squizzy246B
06-02-2006, 02:02 AM
I thought the 2 speed toggle was on the blade control lever?

Correct....well at least for the 1.8C