PDA

View Full Version : Typical Estimate/Income for Residential Installs

emil35
06-02-2006, 03:11 AM
How much do you all make on a typical smaller residential install? Not one of the big homes, but something in like a normal neighborhood? I know it will vary, but I'm just curious. Thanks

tylermckee
06-02-2006, 03:17 AM
there is no 'normal' neighborhood.

Mr. Vern
06-02-2006, 03:17 AM
Typical subdivision backyards here are 2000 sqft or less. Sprinklers, drains, grading, sod and planter beds with drip stubs start at about 10-12k range. Add hardscapes, plantings or water features and it goes up from there. As far as profit margins, that's gotta stay private.

emil35
06-02-2006, 03:30 AM
Thank you Mr. Vern. I would like to talk with you in detail about some other issues of mine for we have talked alittle in the past. Is there a good way for me to contact you. You can Private message me if you'd like. I got college coming up in the fall and have alot on my mind. Thanks again. Anyone else?

emil35
06-03-2006, 04:28 PM
What about for a lawn that is 7500 sq. ft. I'm trying to do a bid for it and am thinking that the price for plantings (delivered/installed calculated w/price) & material (delivered) seems high (about $22K) They want it zeroscaped that will require alot of rock/mulch/etc, while at the same time they want privacy and love pine trees so they requested alot of those types of plants. I figure give it to them as I planed it and if they want less plants they can tell me which ones to take off. There's still some labor fees needed tho for laying maeterial, the drip system, and also what about profit markup? I need help fast! they need the bid by tomorrow so they can decide and hand in for approval on monday! thanks

emil35
06-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Anyone? Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

drsogr
06-04-2006, 05:39 PM
What about for a lawn that is 7500 sq. ft. I'm trying to do a bid for it and am thinking that the price for plantings (delivered/installed calculated w/price) & material (delivered) seems high (about $22K) They want it zeroscaped that will require alot of rock/mulch/etc, while at the same time they want privacy and love pine trees so they requested alot of those types of plants. I figure give it to them as I planed it and if they want less plants they can tell me which ones to take off. There's still some labor fees needed tho for laying maeterial, the drip system, and also what about profit markup? I need help fast! they need the bid by tomorrow so they can decide and hand in for approval on monday! thanks

This one may be best to pass on. If you don't know how to quote the job, maybe its too big for you to handle.

Isn't it xeriscape anyway? I know what you are talking about, I haven't had a ton of experience with it either.

I have yet to do anything over $12,000 in total price. Now you may thing I am stupid because I don't take chances, now willing to go after the big fishes, but I don't feel comfortable doing jobs that big. I have gotten offers and declined them. If I don't feel comfortable enough to bid the job....do you really think I am going to be able to perform the tasks in a manner that the customer and I can both be proud of?

emil35
06-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I think I can handle it easily...shouldn't be hard for I've done landscapes before for someone else. I've just never bid on them before. thanks tho