PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GMC 1/2 ton?

Evergreenpros
06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Just bought one and picking it up tomorrow. Never test drove one or really looked at one. Got the V6 with auto since I'm only pulling a small trailer. The whole reason I picked the GMC/Chevy is it's the lowest box which means I'll have to lift wet grass less. That Accelerator catcher is dang heavy on rainy days.

Wondering about real mileage and longevity of the auto. Don't really like auto's but am planning on letting employees drive/destroy it in a few months and it's easier for them to drive. No hassel $13,700 pricetag, Go Dave Smith Motors!!!

I noticed the V8 had about the same mileage but it's hard to believe real world driving would be the same.

Any input?

JCA1
06-03-2006, 07:25 AM
I've found that the v-8's often get better milage cause the engine dosen't have to work as hard, for instance driven the same a 350 gets better than a 305 but Who knows with todays new technology?

FearThisDeere
06-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I have heard that the V6s and V8s usually get ABOUT the same mileage. The V8s have to work less hard, but the V6s require less fuel.

tthomass
06-04-2006, 02:05 AM
customers pay for my gas...........good purchase though and my auto is just fine, toe/haul button is great option..........mine is a 6L v8 though

grass_cuttin_fool
06-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Just bought one and picking it up tomorrow. Never test drove one or really looked at one. Got the V6 with auto since I'm only pulling a small trailer. The whole reason I picked the GMC/Chevy is it's the lowest box which means I'll have to lift wet grass less. That Accelerator catcher is dang heavy on rainy days.

Wondering about real mileage and longevity of the auto. Don't really like auto's but am planning on letting employees drive/destroy it in a few months and it's easier for them to drive. No hassel $13,700 pricetag, Go Dave Smith Motors!!!

I noticed the V8 had about the same mileage but it's hard to believe real world driving would be the same.

Any input?
I have a 4.3 in a full size 4wd and for regular driving it sucks down the gas, 12-15 mpg. Most guys I know that have the v-8 are getting 17-19 mpg. On a long trip I think I can beat them though, on a trip to the beach last year I avg 19mpg and thats with the a/c on. We used to go to the Feb race in Daytona Fla and I would avg 25 on that trip. So yes to your question , alot of the v8's will get as good as the v6 in the full size trucks for everyday driving

wayne

LawnGuy73
06-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I've found that the v-8's often get better milage cause the engine dosen't have to work as hard, for instance driven the same a 350 gets better than a 305 but Who knows with todays new technology?

I've heard the same thing, it sounds reasonable enough.

Evergreenpros
06-05-2006, 02:49 AM
Hmmm, 21mpg driving 70mph for the 275 mile trip home today. That's if they filled it up all the way at the dealer. Hoping for 24ish highway and 16ish around here with trailer after breakin. Maybe I'm dreaming. It's a small trailer though, 5x8 open.

tthomass
06-05-2006, 08:23 AM
my cousin's Chevy 3500 diesel dully...........gets 25 on highway :cry:

-chipped