PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing skid steer

caremuerto
06-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I run a road construction company in Colombia, we own several excavator, buldozers etc. But recently we began urban projects and are looking for smaller machines, I need to decide on a skid steer. Due to the few dealers here the only two options would be either a Bobcat s185 (or s175) or a Cat 236B. They would be used for loading dirt, pavement demolition and unloading paving stones, etc. PLease let me know your opinions.

Juan Rivera

Squizzy246B
06-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi,

I run a road construction company in Colombia, we own several excavator, buldozers etc. But recently we began urban projects and are looking for smaller machines, I need to decide on a skid steer. Due to the few dealers here the only two options would be either a Bobcat s185 (or s175) or a Cat 236B. They would be used for loading dirt, pavement demolition and unloading paving stones, etc. PLease let me know your opinions.

Juan Rivera

I believe either of those two machines will do the job. It depends a bit on your operators preferences. I prefer the Cat for the pilot controls and service/support is better here but thats for you to determine.

Tigerotor77W
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi Juan, welcome to the site! I've said before that it's nice to see such a broad base of users, but I never imagined the international appeal!

As far as your situation goes, I think the more productive machine is the Cat (Cat does use more fuel), but do note two things:

1) The 236B can't really compete with the Bobcat, as it has an arc-style lift arm.
2) Dealer support is sometimes more important than the machine itself.

I would suggest trying out each machine first -- just to get a feel for which one feels more comfortable in operation.

Let us know what else we can do for you -- and great to have you aboard!

mow king
06-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I might be bias but I think a 236B would be great. Having used both I prefer Cat...but like the others have said if the Bobcat dealer is great and the Cat dealer is bad..then I'd go Bobcat.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/mgc9876/IM000846.jpg