PDA

View Full Version : First Landscape Bid

emil35
06-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Quick question and I feel dumb asking, but on my estimate, should I just put down what my price will be (lump amount-no break down), break it down between total for materials and labor in general, or completly break down the costs of all the materials, hourly estimates for planting each of the different plants and so on? I'm buying wholesale but charging retail if not more to make a profit on the plants/materials so I don't want the customer to know exactly what I'm billing them for...do i? please help...need to have this done asap! thanks

tthomass
06-04-2006, 11:57 PM
i wouldn't break it down, they'll see labor and be like geeze he's mak'n a killing without giving thought to your other expenses.......gas, insurance, labor etc

give the price but give a detailed description of the work and kill them with details...........don't write a paper on it but get the point across you will be doing a professional job

tthomass
06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
also if you don't have a Tax ID #, it is illegal to buy something at $20 and charge the customer $30...........so if you don't have one you can say the cost was labor and that you didn't actually upsale to the customer

GrowinGreeninc
06-05-2006, 12:19 AM
also if you don't have a Tax ID #, it is illegal to buy something at $20 and charge the customer $30...........so if you don't have one you can say the cost was labor and that you didn't actually upsale to the customer
WHAT! Tax id has nothing to do how you run your business! It is your business "social Security Number" .Depending on what your state laws are you may have to charge sales tax on the markup but most plant material is not taxed here and most guys just quote a job price anyway!

tthomass
06-05-2006, 12:23 AM
i'm in VA and its what they told me on the phone.........i figured it was fed tax and went for everybody........i may have used wrong term but yes tax on the upsale.......YOU charging sales tax to the customer vs just when you buy from the nursery etc

how's things in gboro? i'm from danville