PDA

View Full Version : Crab grass sod?

General Landscaping
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
In Jamaica this past weekend.... Had to look through the "landscape contractors" in the yellow pages.
There was a turf farm offering Bermuda,Zoysia, and crabgrass sod:dizzy:

Has anyone seen crabgrass sod before??? (for sale)

absolutelawnman
06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I have not seen it for sale, but everytime I go to Cancun, I swear the stuff looks like crabgrass everywhere.

lawnspecialties
06-05-2006, 10:59 PM
In Jamaica this past weekend.... Had to look through the "landscape contractors" in the yellow pages.

Crap!!:dizzy: I know some homeowners who are sitting on "gold mines"! Now, how to get it down there:confused: .

General Landscaping
06-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Found their YP online and grabbed the ad.....

topsites
06-08-2006, 11:36 AM

No LOL but I have some customers who think crabgrass is as good a turf as any other grass and they either don't realize crabgrass is a weed or they don't care - Chances are this is the kind of customer who just might purchase crabgrass sod, it has its benefits:
Being that it is a weed, it stays green with very little to no moisture, even during a drought the crabgrass is green. It is tough, resilient, and you really almost can not kill it, it even resists MOST weed controls LOL !
Meanwhile, if the lawn consists of mostly crabgrass, once it is cut it actually looks halfway good.
Thou I do think the winter cold would kill it, this is not a problem in Jamaica, it doesn't get to freezing cold often in winter, does it?

I still don't know if I would try to sell the stuff lol, but to each their own.

Groundspro
06-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Actually, topsites, you have a good point when describing the growth characteristics of crabgrass. But I wonder if they are not mistaking centipeed grass with crabgrass. Maybe our southern friends can enlighten us on this?