PDA

View Full Version : Different twist on a trailer

Tharrell
06-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Here's a trailer I saw at Lowes. These guys are not lawn guys, they take care of their companies properties. They normally have a Bob-Cat Z up front, loaded from the side gate. Notice how the trailer extends on the left side up front? I found it very unique, although I don't think I would have mounted the toolcage in the middle.

fulano
06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
That is a nice looking trailer. What brand is it? The ramps look heavy duty.

lawnspecialties
06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Actually, I'm impressed. That was genuine "thinking outside the box". How else could they get that mower up front. If they only need the front one, no need to even touch the back one.

grass_cuttin_fool
06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I like the idea and what a great way to not waste space, no matter if you use a walk or a z, there is nothing you use the space above the front casters for anyway.

wayne

carcrz
06-08-2006, 12:06 AM
That's gotta be one heavy trailer! It looks very nice though.

Albemarle Lawn
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
It has to be x width in the middle to clear the fenders/wheels, but look how its fatter at the front. Very smart, you could put a Z up there sideways.

The only downside, the toolbox in the middle means you can't pull anything long onto the trailer....no attached vacs, no cars/trucks, no skidsteer, etc.

I like that trailer, but would skip the center toolbox and just keep toolbox goods on the pickup truck.

Jason Rose
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
I had a single axle 14' long trailer that was set up very much like that. It was a 8.5' wide trailer and I had it set up with the side gate and the deck of the trailer was the full 8.5' wide in front of the wheels. Made for a lot more useable space on the trailer for sure!

Problem was the gate was too narrow for a Z, unless it was under 40" wide. Plus, having only one axle, and given the fact that is was put in the center of the trailer made it tow HORRIBLE. Unless you jambed everything to the front of the trailer, not using the back few feet at all, it would fishtail like none other at speeds over 50 mph.

Point is... I really miss the full width portion on a trailer! My 36" walker would fit so nice on the front of my trailer... IF i could get it on there sideways... It's too long! So I have a 20' long trailer and I can't really get 2 Z's and the walker on it at once without totally dissasembling the catcher on one of the Z's and putting it on the front sideways.

BSDeality
06-08-2006, 01:51 AM
if it was properly designed you could make the toolbox removeable. I just finished making toolbox/tray last weekend. I just need to get a new digital camera to take some pictures.

Tharrell
06-08-2006, 07:43 AM
The guys work for a company called Carolina Carports here in Mount Airy. They make all sorts of storage buildings, carports and trailers. Like I said, they mow their properties around here. I have a friend whos wife works there.
It is a solid trailer. Expand the pictures and look at the top tubes and the way the gates are made. Much tougher than I need!