PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Set Up Pictures.

S3Scooter
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I am in the process of setting up a dump trailer for leaves this fall. I have some ideas in my head, but I was wondering if you guys would share with me your ideas, and pics. I would like to get it right the first time.

S3

tthomass
06-08-2006, 01:05 AM
exact same situation myself

S3Scooter
06-11-2006, 03:11 PM
OK, if no one has pics, how about we share some Ideas we have.

I am between getting a dump trailer, or a dump insert for my Dodge 2500 4x4. I currently have a Billy Goat debris loader, 16 hp. Vanguard trailer mount. If I go with a dump trailer, I will probably mount it on the tung, and build sides and a top on it. Then I could use it for mulch the rest of the year. A dump insert, would cost me probably just as much, and I wouldn't be able to haul as much. I of course would build a box, like on the trailer and get the skid mount for the billy goat.

I am leaning towards the trailer though, because this is a second job for me, and I drive my truck 55 miles to work each way, and I know that will hurt the fuel mileage.

Next!

S3

lwcmattlifter
06-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I ran a dump insert w/leaf box last season on an F-350. This is a good way to go if you are only going to have one truck per site and you use mowers as leaf plows and wb blowers. I mounted the loader on the trailer A-frame but ran into problems with the bumper making contact with the fan while backing into tight areas. I made a platform in the front of the trailer half the distance off center to the right. I have bolt a piece of steel stock parallel to the front rail 18" back. Two 4x4 beams are held by lag bolts to the bar stock and the trailer floor for additional support. This gets the vacuum closer to the side of the trailer for extra reach and I can turn the trailer tight without hitting the loader. I really like this setup since I only ran one truck per site last year. The downside is the dump insert can't hold as much as a dump trailer and wet leaves will max out your gwv fast.

I like the idea of a dump trailer for its capacity but being able to transport equipment that has to be carried on a trailer with the vac truck is a higher priority for me.

S3Scooter
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Bump! Bump!

elmo1537
06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
trying using the search button there are a ton of pics on here