PDA

View Full Version : How fast can I cut?

DJL50
06-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Looking at new ZTR for home use. Some have a very high top speed compared to other brands. I know it will depend on the yard being mower but how fast do you cut most of the time? I would think anything over 7mph is going to be impossible

PLM-1
06-08-2006, 01:25 AM
That's what you think until you get on it and go! 7 is SLOW! Once you get used to a machine and the grounds you are on you can move pretty good.

carcrz
06-08-2006, 08:41 AM
I think the Dixie Choppers are doing something like a football field in a matter of minutes.

hdtvluvr
06-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I have a dixie chopper and I go full speed in the open area. This is around 10 mph. I wish it was a little faster. After 2 years it seems slow.

I looked at the brands available in my area and decided the Dixie Chopper was the best.

hdtvluvr
06-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I have a dixie chopper and I go full speed in the open area. This is around 10 mph. I wish it was a little faster. After 2 years it seems slow.

I looked at the brands available in my area and decided the Dixie Chopper was the best.

nmurph
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Looking at new ZTR for home use. Some have a very high top speed compared to other brands. I know it will depend on the yard being mower but how fast do you cut most of the time? I would think anything over 7mph is going to be impossible

how large of an area are you cutting?. speed is only one factor to consider. smoothness of the controls, blade speed, discharge, side trim size, weight of the machine, center of gravity, comfort and design of the operator platform.........

PLM-1
06-08-2006, 12:08 PM
My GH 722D will cut a baseball field, infield and outfield, in 9 minutes ... That's pretty much full blast, striping back and forth, not the "homeowner box".

lawnmaniac883
06-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Depends if you want to cut the grass and leave a carpet behind or cut the grass and leave stringers and clumps all over?