PDA

View Full Version : ryobi 725r *#@~!&^%"+-/

mulbish
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
I got a little ryobi wacker that has been great. but the fuel lines got old, dry rotted. so I changed them all out and now it leaks badley where the one from the bulb goes into the tank. I don't think there was anything but the line itself holding it in place but obviuosly I must be wrong. Does anyone still have a manual for one of these or know of one on-line? is there a parts breakdown showing this. or maybe someone has one they can look at and tell me if this was the case. It's a 1/4" line going from the bulb into the fuel tank. is there a fitting to hold it in place. shoot, if so, where would I get one. I think I saw a number for parts on the ryobitools web site....maybe i should just call them.

well, thanks in advance if any one can hep

mulbish
06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
well, I called and got directed to www.ordertree.com and they actually had a illustrated breakdown of parts. it doesn't appear to have anything but the line going from the bulb (primer) to the tank. so I have to assume it is a non standard size. not the 1/4" fuel line sold for such items. any thoughts?

thanks again

Brendan Smith
06-08-2006, 01:26 PM
after 4 ryobi trimmers were replaced in my first year for various reasons, i bought a red-max and haven't had a problem since. it has sat in the weather for 3 years now with ZERO downtime. don't waste your time with the ryobi, unless you are looking for a project to fill your time.

lawnmaniac883
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
You need a quality fuel line, zygon makes good stuff that wont shrink. Your fuel line needs to fit snug in the hole.

oldrustycars
06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
You need a quality fuel line, zygon makes good stuff that wont shrink. Your fuel line needs to fit snug in the hole.
i believe thats "Tygon" fuel line. but i agree if anyone has it, it'll be them.

lawnmaniac883
06-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Hah, you are right, Tygon is what I meant.

sicklid
06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
go to http://www.buymtdonline.com and launch illustrated parts search engine.

Jason Rose
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
go to http://www.buymtdonline.com and launch illustrated parts search engine.

Well shoot, you beat me to it! I have ordered parts from this site before, can be expensive though.

I too limped along with the ryobi 725r and it's equivelents for years. I liked the head that actually spun clockwise so I kept repairing the ones I had. Fianlly I was down to one unit and it dosn't like to run when it's hot out so I broke down and bought a REAL trimmer. Husquvarna 323, or something like that. Iv'e been really happy with it, even though I did have to re-train my self on trimming since the head turns opposite I was used to!