PDA

View Full Version : locking mowers

rfed32
06-09-2006, 12:07 PM
whats a good way to lock mowers onto your trailers over night, or while at lunch or if you have a full time job and landscape on the side??

Lawn Masters
06-09-2006, 12:57 PM
umm? very heavy duty chain through the frame and biggest padlock possible? chain it directly to the trailer frame.

lawnspecialties
06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
If you're talking ztr's or other full size machines, I don't. If I think it's a hazardous area, I might lock the liftgate or back the trailer up against something. Pretty hard to pick a 1200 lb. machine up over the rails.

If you're talking small push mowers, cable locks at Lowe's are pretty good.
:)

carcrz
06-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I bought the round Master Lock padlocks from Home Depot. Buy a set of them, or even the whole box because the whole box is keyed with the same key code. I bought a bunch so I could lock everything up & use the same key for all of them.

rfed32
06-09-2006, 08:14 PM
so pad locks and chains...thanks a lot guys....any other ideas please post

B&M
06-09-2006, 08:58 PM
With small stuff (21in mowers, gas cans) we use bike locks(cables). With the larger mowers we take the keys out.

rfed32
06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
but the thing with the keys cant you go to a dealer and get a key for it that will work??i know you can do that for big equip. so if someone just has a key to every brand then bam my stuff is gone

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Try checking out this website. I purchased one of these. It installs in seconds and makes the mower in operable. http://www.alphalock.com/ You can also take a padlock and install it ina way that you can't either move the sticks from the locked position or where it keeps the parking brake from being released. I did this on my scag. but I don't know what other mowers look like.

carcrz
06-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Just use the chains on the smaller stuff. I put the round locks through where the flip pins (???) go that hold the tailgate up. The only way those bad boys are coming off is w/ a grinder.

carcrz
06-09-2006, 10:51 PM
On a further note, don't use chains. Instead use cables. They are more of a theft deterrent because you can't cut them w/ bolt cutters. You can however use a saw or grinder.

Tharrell
06-10-2006, 08:37 AM
I use a 36' Kryptonite cable with a massive Masterlock. I use that at night and run it through all the equipment, through the trailer frame and attach it to my house. Yeah, you can get through it but, by the time you do, you'll have a 44 magnum against your temple. As far as in the field, I use a set of Masterlock cable locks. They're sold in 3's and keyed alike. They're perfect.
I would actually love to catch someone. Can you tell?

S3Scooter
06-11-2006, 01:58 PM
If you're talking ztr's or other full size machines, I don't. If I think it's a hazardous area, I might lock the liftgate or back the trailer up against something. Pretty hard to pick a 1200 lb. machine up over the rails.

If you're talking small push mowers, cable locks at Lowe's are pretty good.
:)

I agree. For your ZTR check out www.prolocker.com I love mine, it's just as easy as they describe. Big chains and locks though.

S3

ProLockers
06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I agree. For your ZTR check out www.prolocker.com I love mine, it's just as easy as they describe. Big chains and locks though.

S3

S3Scooter,
Thanks for thinking of us. The website is actually www.prolockers.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Have a great week!
Christina Quintero:headphones:
(772) 229-1690
www.prolockers.com
customerservice@prolawnequipment.com