PDA

View Full Version : Flagstone Patio

cwlawley
06-10-2006, 03:31 AM
I am having a home bulit and looking to do some real "showy" work to the backyard. I am planning on making a "U" (sort of) shaped deck with a flagstone patio emerging from the center of the U shape. I think it will look awesome. Problem is, I have never done a flagstone patio and I have no idea where to start. No reason to hire someone since I have ya'll to help right? Anyways, some steps would help. Keep in mind that I will need to somehow cut or shape the stone into a semi-circle at the top where it leads out away from the U shaped deck.

Thanks in advance.

tthomass
06-10-2006, 11:48 AM
cutting..........rent a stone saw or actually there is a guy in Greensborro that rebuilds them and sells them for $575 i think.........i bought one

flagstone patio isn't something to just jump into, al the explaining in the world won't help you compared to experience

know anybody that has experience? hire them, even temporarily if need be if you thank you can handle it

but you'll need 4" concrete, get it with fiber and forget having to use rebar..............and you'll have a couple inches of #57 under that..............allow 2" for stone and mortar...........so thats 8" you have to be below grade, use some strings or a transit and see how much you have to dig where..........form and pour the concrete, get it PERFECT........that is what your flagstone will follow

but like i said, i highly recommend getting someone to help you at least