PDA

View Full Version : Poulan mower

dbsound
06-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I have a Poulan Pro (Craftsman) mower that I use for backup. The steering was getting bad (gear slipping), so I changed the "gear sector" and "shaft arm gear". I have done this before, and it worked fine. This time, it did NO good. It turns left fine, but when I try to turn right, it's STILL trying to slip. Any ideas on what else I need to change on it?
Thanks!

Restrorob
06-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Read the third thread from the top then post some numbers.

dbsound
06-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Sorry, "newbie" is my only excuse!:hammerhead:
It's a Poulan Pro PR1742STA model lawn tractor

edit- ALL I see that it might be is the "support shaft", part # 160395. If that is worn, could THAT piece make it difficult to turn in one direction? Again, it turns left FINE. Turning right, the shaft arm is pulling away from the gear sector.

THANKS!!!

Restrorob
06-12-2006, 09:13 AM
ALL I see that it might be is the "support shaft", part # 160395. If that is worn, could THAT piece make it difficult to turn in one direction?

Sorry it took so long to get back, Most definitely that shaft support being worn will cause your problem. I replace more of them than gears.

dbsound
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back, Most definitely that shaft support being worn will cause your problem. I replace more of them than gears.
I'm on the horn now! THANKS for the advice! I appreciate it!:drinkup: