PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Tractor

itteitj
06-11-2006, 09:03 AM
I have a Husqvarna model YTH 145 lawn tractor. While mowing the lawn, the machine blade and drive system stopped working. The engine still starts and runs fine, but when I engage the blade or try to go forward or back the engine will stall. I checked the belt and it seems ok. The fuse is not blown and I found a relay but don't know how to check it. I'm thinking it is either electrical or the electric clutch. Any help will be appreciated.
Tom

Splicer
06-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Make sure nothing jammed up between the belts and spindles...also check the spindles...

itteitj
06-11-2006, 09:26 AM
The blade spindal and belt path is clear. As far as I can tell, the clutch to tranny is clear as well.

Restrorob
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Sounds like you have a safety switch problem, I'm not familiar with your unit but I believe a test of all the switches with a multimeter may yield the problem.

FIXDISS
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Check the seat safety switch first. If it is ok then you can look at the relay.If you listen carefully or place your fingers on the relay then turn key switch on and off you should be able to feel relay click on and off. If the engine shuts off when you get off seat without park brake on then it is likely working and problem lies somewhere further.

itteitj
06-13-2006, 07:03 AM
The seat safety switch is working, however there is an operator presence relay on the machine and it controls blade and motion. This relay has liquid or water in it because when I was holding it to read the numbers it started leaking. I am having a friend test it today but It is definately suspect. You mentioned testing unit with brake/clutch out but the engine will only start with brake/clutch in lock position and once it is unlocked and released the engine will stall. The same goes for blade engage switch. For the seat switch with engine running, if you get off the seat the engine shuts down.

FIXDISS
06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
The seat safety switch is working, however there is an operator presence relay on the machine and it controls blade and motion. This relay has liquid or water in it because when I was holding it to read the numbers it started leaking. I am having a friend test it today but It is definately suspect. You mentioned testing unit with brake/clutch out but the engine will only start with brake/clutch in lock position and once it is unlocked and released the engine will stall. The same goes for blade engage switch. For the seat switch with engine running, if you get off the seat the engine shuts down.
Think you will find the relay is your problem. Just had to bypass one on a Crapsman.

itteitj
06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
The relay was full of water and tested NG. I will replace and post results.
Tom

itteitj
06-15-2006, 08:30 PM
The relay was the problem and the mower is fine again. Just a quick bit of history, This mower was a gift back 99 and I hardly ever used it except on my own lawn. It has very low hours but I want to keep it going. I have 42 lawns that I cut each week and Have a 52" Ferris and a 48" scag both zero turn. I use the Husky on my own lawn and pick up the grass each time. The only relaxing lawn I cut is my own. Anyway thanks to you guys for the help, this is a great forum.
Tom:usflag: