PDA

View Full Version : Dream Cut's Equipment

DSLND
06-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Heres The Long Awaited Pics Of My Rig.

Im gonna go take individual Pics Right Now.

MysticLandscape
06-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Nice, how does the jeep tow? How many accounts you got with all that.

DSLND
06-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks, my dad hauls me around bc i dont have my license yet. The jeep tows GREAT its only a V6 but hauls great. I right now have about 10 weekly lawn mowing accounts and do a TON of landscaping and misc jobs (hedge trimming, storm clean up) -Mitch-

SLC, LLC
06-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Heres The Long Awaited Pics Of My Rig.

Im gonna go take individual Pics Right Now.

Nice Equipment!! Keep up the good work.

One thing I am wondering though, is that seems like a ton of weight on that trailer. Anyone else with me on this? If it works for you though - run with it!!

DSLND
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Here Are Some More Pics.

DSLND
06-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Yea there is alot of weight on the trailer but the jeep i think now gets better gas mileage bc i used to have the Z in front and the jeep squated alot! But ive had it there for about a month now and i only take the Z to jobs i need which is about 6 of them and the rest it stays at home. i'd really like a 6x12 trailer but we'll see if money permits -Mitch-

DSLND
06-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Anybody Else?

ALarsh
06-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Thats a 6X12 trailer? Those tire/wheel combo are tiny. What is that axle rated at?

Here is my 6.5X12 trailer... 3500 lb axle... big difference.
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/LawnFolder/Equipment/2006/Equipment%202006%20006.jpg

jazak
06-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Nice little setup just get a truck, bigger trailer and a 36" WB and you will be setup totally. Very nice though.

DSLND
06-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Nice little setup just get a truck, bigger trailer and a 36" WB and you will be setup totally. Very nice though.

ALARSH: No its only a 5x10 trailer, i want a 6x12 but we'll see. The trailer is a carry-on i bought for $800 new and has 12in tires and i think is rated for 2,990lb.

Jazk: those are the things i want its like u read my mind i want a truck when i get my license, ive been looking about a 36in wb and what do u know I REALLY WANT A NEW TRAILER! Thanks!

clc2003
06-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Where is Pekin Il. at? I have a 6x12 with a side gate that I would sell u for the right price. It has gas can racks and trimmer racks already on the trailer. Not to fond of the trimmer racks, but none the less they are there. It also has a small tool box on front of trailer tongue, but is bent up and will be cut off soon, but maybe put a good on there and u'd be set. Trailer has new tires on it and should be ready to go. I'll post some pics on here tomorrow for ya just incase.

bntt68
06-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Nice setup Mithch!! I run a 32" Wright Stander and 48" J.D. Quicktrak Stander. I think I got some pics somewhere. I got a Enclosed 6x10 and love it.

DSLND
06-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks Man, id love to have a stander but im proboably getting a 36in Walk Behind By November if things go good this season while still putting alot of $$$$$$$ down for my truck (Chevy 3500 Dump Truck). -Mitch-

stuffdeer
06-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Nice, I love it.

Just one suggestion, With that much weight on the 5 x 10, while not throw some bearing buddies on it. Better to be safer than sorry.

DSLND
06-18-2006, 05:33 PM
StuffDere: Thanks I really like my setup but theres always something you want and its neaver perfect. What Are bearing buddies, sounds like something that would be handy. I'd really like an 77x18 trailer but i think i'll wait until i get my truck & License bc i dont think the jeep could pull it too well. Thanks -Mitch-

stuffdeer
06-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Bearing buddies attach to the outside of each axle, And are filled with grease. They help keep the axles cooler, and at wally world( Walmart ) you can get a set for less than 20 bucks. They are on my little 4 x 8 and on our 18ft boat trailer, and we've never had a problem!

TheKingNJ
06-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Do you have to pick the kids up from soccer after your done cutting?

DSLND
06-20-2006, 12:42 AM
I dont get it. Thats my dads jeep, i cant drive yet. He hauls me around and trims for me at jobs. I dunno if u were baggin on me or not. -Mitch-

04TurfT
06-20-2006, 02:23 AM
why be an ass to the kid?... he's got great equipment for how old he is hell... He can't even drive yet, and he's got all that... I think he is doing a great job, keep it up

stuffdeer
06-20-2006, 10:10 AM

Wow, if you don't have anything nice t say, then don't say it at all.

stuffdeer
06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Mitch, Do you have AIM?

DSLND
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Yea I have AIM My Screen Name Is Mitchiepoo15.

TheKingNJ
06-27-2006, 11:30 PM
why be an ass to the kid?... he's got great equipment for how old he is hell... He can't even drive yet, and he's got all that... I think he is doing a great job, keep it up

The kid isn't old enough to have his license, so should he be running his own lawncare business? Do you think he pays taxes? Do you think he has a registered business? Do you think he has business insurance? Do you think he has quality pricing or is johnny mowyourlawn for the lowball price?

TheKingNJ
06-27-2006, 11:50 PM
If your going to try to claim you own your own business, did you know it illegal to run a business like that without having commercial plates on your vehicle and if you have commercial plates, it illegal to have a vehicle with commercial plates with out any lettering on the side. So tell your pop's he better run to walmart and get some of those stick on letters and write mitchiepoo's mow and go on the side of the jeep or get some magnets.

DSLND
06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
I knew this was going to happen. Im not going to get nasty with u im just going to say i am trying to stay small and just learn now and the second i am able to license, and insure my business, i will. But think about this, would u rather see a teenager learning business skills and performing services for people or... would u rather see a the article about a teen drinking and smoking crack. Though i Would NEAVER and will neaver drink, smoke, or do any kind of drugs that werent to help me of sickness or pain relievers think about it. Ur setup is cool i really like it! -Mitch-

ALarsh
06-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Never drink? :laugh: Ever? :drinkup:

04TurfT
06-28-2006, 02:17 AM
haha... I have no problem what so ever with some kid who wants to earn a little extra money every week by mowing lawns... The chances of him actually getting caught for any of that **** is so small, at least in my neck of the woods it would never happen. I know he should be liscenced and insured, but I bet a lot of people mowing around you aren't.....

TheKingNJ
06-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Never drink? :laugh: Ever? :drinkup:

yeah, this kid is setting way to high of a standard for himself..... have fun in college.

JCP Crafts
06-29-2006, 02:43 AM
This is directed at "The King" I'm from "Jersey" so I think you might be able to relate to it a lil better...."Why don't you go jump in the Hudson,while weaing concrete shoes ?" And that is the nicest thing I can say to you.
DreamCut,Keep doing what your doing,the laws about lettering and commercial tags are New Jersey law.I live in Florida now,and it's not the same.To be safe you may want to look into what the laws are in your home state. I love when 21 year old know it alls from New Jersey want to tell the rest of the nation what the LAW is,for their state.
You were only showing off what you worked for...and for that be proud and continue to be a good young man! I applaud you,just take notes from here and don't think you know all the laws or all about life, when you turn 21....
Your stuff looks good and I am sure it is gonna grow even better as you continue to work at it.
The "King" do yourself a favor.....admit (if only to yourself)that what you said was not approriate or called for and move on.... It was only a very few short years ago that you were this guys age...

JCP Crafts
06-29-2006, 04:30 AM
And FYI....I have read many of The "Kings" postings starting at the beginning in,December 2003.....and this is why I wrote what I wrote.
Also a correction for the above thread...it should say "while wearing "*

04TurfT
06-29-2006, 11:42 AM
AMEN... :clapping:

TheKingNJ
06-29-2006, 10:16 PM
And FYI....I have read many of The "Kings" postings starting at the beginning in,December 2003.....and this is why I wrote what I wrote.
Also a correction for the above thread...it should say "while wearing "*

So my posts have been bothering you since December ’03. Are you saying it took you two and a half years, you waited untill June ’06 to register on lawnsite and confront me about how I piss you off?

dvmcmrhp52
06-29-2006, 10:35 PM
If your going to try to claim you own your own business, did you know it illegal to run a business like that without having commercial plates on your vehicle and if you have commercial plates, it illegal to have a vehicle with commercial plates with out any lettering on the side. So tell your pop's he better run to walmart and get some of those stick on letters and write mitchiepoo's mow and go on the side of the jeep or get some magnets.

Did you know it's illegal to pay employees under the table as well?

TheKingNJ
06-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Did you know it's illegal to pay employees under the table as well?
Yep. blah blah empty space

dvmcmrhp52
06-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Yep. blah blah empty space

Hmmmm...........
Interesting.....................
Something about practicing what yer preachin' I believe..........:waving:

rfed32
06-30-2006, 01:56 AM
good looking stuff mitch keep it up...

i have to say we listen to the same old bull **** on this site every day about whats legal and not but the truth is there are so many people out there who are not legal who cares....i bet a good amount of people started out not legal ill admit it i wasnt legal and i did all year round...you learn a little bit as you go...and learn how to manage and run you biz which i am still a little unsure of...but the kids out there having fun learnin hes not stealin anything you have seeing that you are in different states so just let the kid be...i say let all the kids out there starting something be...they have goals just like the rest of us did...

oh and i dunno about that drinkin comment tho...common now give it a couple of years or at least till your 21 then ull start drinkin...

bntt68
06-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Keep up the good work Mitch!! For anyone at that age to have that kind of drive and goals at that age is pretty remarkable. I will say that ins. is not that expensive here Mitch. You should look into it . I can help you out if you want. I also have a CPA in Pekin that does my Taxes and such. Again very reasonable. Let me know Mitch. Hats off to your family for doing what they are doing.Great life values flying around that household. Good luck Mitch!!!!! By the way my insurance is in Pekin too.

mulcahy mowing
06-30-2006, 05:36 PM
awesome setup i'm lovin the toro z! looks like a nice setup! I like the way you organized everything on there, looks like everything is comfortable on there. keep up the great work!

DSLND
07-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys!

Brent- Thanks, Who do u use for Insurance? Mayb I'll look into it soon! Thanks for the good words

James, I love the Z, Its an awesome machine, yea i used to have the Z in front and 21in's in the back but i decided to try something and now when i dont have the Z at jobs the handles on the 21in's dont stick out in the road and there easy to load and unload. I want to get or make some jungle boots and get a pair of fast straps for the Z. Thanks Alot!

-Mitch-

bntt68
07-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey Mitch have you looked at Prolockers?? That is what I use and they work great. For the Z that is. On and off your trailer in seconds.

bntt68
07-01-2006, 08:11 AM
It is though Pekin Insurance. I will find out more.

DSLND
07-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks Brent, my neighbor works at Pekin Insurance so mayb i'll go over and talk to him soon. I have looked at pro lockers but there Pricey but i hear there worth it but i think i might try fast straps bc i liked how they were designed. Thanks! -Mitch-

bntt68
07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
The ins. is through Pekin Ins. with Heidger and Meyer. It is around 400.00 for the year I think. By the way Mitch having the ins. also increases revenue in my mind. So it kinda pays for itself. My prices are on the high side, but if you present you price with "risk free" and you dont have to lift a finger aproach. I think you will be suprised.

bntt68
07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Ho w do you make a equip. list Mitch?? lol--computer illiterate!!

DSLND
07-01-2006, 04:54 PM
HEY thats not as bad as i thought it pricing! I was thinking 2,000 yearly but hey thats cool i will definately look into it now! If by equipment list u mean "Signature" u go to ur profile and click edit signature, and then u add ur equipment. -Mitch-

DSLND
09-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Heres A Pic Of The Whole Fleet. Enjoy!

DSLND
11-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Got A New Toy to assist in fall clean ups along with the gutter kit for the 85 hand blower! I Would recomend this machine to anyone, its a beast! -Mitch-

bjlawnman
11-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I have the same blower.. Awesome machine!! it really blows those leaves and it definately beats holding those handheld blowers until your arm gets sore. I'm sure you'll enjoy it i Love mine.
Got A New Toy to assist in fall clean ups along with the gutter kit for the 85 hand blower! I Would recomend this machine to anyone, its a beast! -Mitch-

DSLND
11-11-2006, 11:35 AM
It's Amazing, i was going to get the 380 but my dealer called and said i could get the 550 for $20 bucks more so im like go for it! -Mitch-

Lawnworks
11-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Man if you ask me, the business license is a bunch of crap. All it is... is a tax. Doesn't mean you successful and there are no perks. I would not get insured until you bid on commercial accounts... then you will need it to be able to bid. The most you will ever do is break a window, and they are not worth filing for anyway. This is not coming from a sc either, I am insured, licensed, incorporated, and have workmans comp. I would urge you to pay taxes though. I think it is important to start young, because it is harder and harder to start paying the older you get. It is highly unlikely the IRS will catch you, but tax penalties are absolutely ridiculous.... believe me I know! I would really invest in equipment, advertising, and trucks while you are still at home and don't have living expenses... this will really reduce your taxes too. Paying taxes will open doors for you later when you need to prove income for buying a house, shop, truck, or whatever.

freddyc
11-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Mitch...

Just keep going. You're doing great.

With regard to the trailer, how much does the z weigh?? It does look tight with all your stuff but so what....as long as you can get at it when you want it, its still OK. You don't need the Eisenhower to haul a mower (old mans joke there!!).

Looking at the positive side, if you really get some customers lined up and happy before you get your license it will make it much easier for you to keep going. Not sure what your costs are now but if you have to pick up insurance and additional things for a vehicle then it will cut into you a little more. That said, did you say you're saving for a 1 ton dump?? If so, are you sure you need it?? I think insurance on that might be higher then say a 3/4 ton pickup, and gas to run it can be real pricey--you can't be moving that much soil now...just a thought.

You got great equipment and sounds like customers lined up---you should really appreciate your dad for his efforts too....sound like you have a good deal overall.

Good luck.

mike lane lawn care
11-11-2006, 09:41 PM
i like the setup, I used to use a Jeep Grand cherokee too to tow my equip with. Worked well, but it felt heavy and the jeep had issues slowing down quickly. Other than that, the jeep worked GREAT, got decent millage too.

DSLND
11-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks Guys! My parents and brother have been great about hauling me around, and my brother just got a 97 S-10 so its fun to bag yards now not having to use those brown Menards Bags! The Jeep is a great vehicle, it tows great but i love it for luxury versus work. About taxes, i dunno when to start, i want to get some commercial accounts but i know some companies around here that maintenance commercial properties and they do not have insurance but i'll prob. look into it in a little while. Im kinda upset about the truck due to the fact my mom says she wont let me, but im trying to explain that because my dad is going back to work full time and i want to expand more next year im going to need a full time helper, and if he doesnt have a Truck then we may only be able to mow evenings or have to wait for a towable vehicle which would cost me money when waiting and that i would pay the insurance on it and everything. Ive looked at some trucks and i want a late 80's to late 90's Chevy or GMC 2500 with less than 130,000 miles and in decent shape, ive found a couple 89 2500's with less than 100k miles for $3500 but of course mom wont allow it and then theres the Ford truck with the hydraulic tail gate and the big 8x8 bed and 93,000 miles for $1500.00 which is a great deal i think but i'll hopefully convince her before spring to let me buy! Thanks! -Mitch-

Lawnworks
11-12-2006, 12:46 AM
A heavy duty truck is alot safer than something w/ some git-up! You could tell her the bigger, slower the better right?

DSLND
11-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Well got another new toy today. Not my preffered brand (toro) but hey im already in love with the machine and cant wait to get a sulky.
1993 John Deere
54in Deck w/gator blades
17hp Kawisaki Engine
John Deere Soft Bagger
Rebuilt/Repainted Deck
New Battery
17302.4 Hours as of 11/22
$625.00

Lawn Enforcer
11-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Could you post some more pics of the mower?

Lawn Enforcer
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Nice Deere Mitch, I'm also glad that there are other 15 year-olds like me out there with hard-workin' attitudes! Hope your mom lets you get a truck soon, I was lucky enough to get a new truck this year, but it's puting a big hole in the profits! Keep up the good work!

DSLND
11-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Hey thanks man! Im not thinking the boss(mom) is going for the truck but my helper next year may get one when he gets his license so hopefully that will go well but we'll see. Sure i'll go out right now and take some more pics, i got nothin better to do! LOL -Mitch-

DSLND
11-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Heres Some More Pics!

DSLND
11-23-2006, 12:13 AM
More!!!!!------------------

DSLND
11-23-2006, 12:14 AM
More!--!!--

DSLND
11-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Last One For Now.

MowerMedic77
11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
The mower looks nice but I would stay away from the sulky, these mowers have a wet clutch pack that tends to wear and being that its over 13 yrs old I don't think it will handle the extra load. But just my 2 cents :) Good luck and happy cutting

WJW Lawn
11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Good looking Deere bro! Good luck to you!

DSLND
11-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks Guys! I took a new fleet picture this morning and i'll post it tonight when i get back, were heading out right now to go eat our feast! LOL -Mitch-

indy2tall
11-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey WJW, did you see that TheKingNJ was bashing DreamCut earlier in the thread?

I think it was because he saw DreamCut cutting grass at a college dorm before noon.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DSLND
11-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Took A Fleet Picture Earlier Today!

Idealtim
11-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Now you seriously need a new trailer! But hey, I'm in the same boat. I bought the same carry on trailers that are only 5' wide but 8' long. I have two of them. One was a great deal I couldn't pass up so I bought it and turned it into a dump(been meaning to post pics). the other one I bought new and I use it a lot for all the mowing that I do and most all other stuff. I am also looking for a used lazer or the equivalent of a lazer next spring for around $4k. The problem is that all the used lazers up for sale are 60'' wide and 2'' too wide for the trailer. Right now I am looking at a 20hp bucket loader that is too big and def to heavy for the 5x8. I have my eye on a local trailer that is overkill for both. A 8x16 or 18 dual axle. Summary: I'm going to be spending a lot of money in the near future lol.

DSLND
11-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Now you seriously need a new trailer! But hey, I'm in the same boat. I bought the same carry on trailers that are only 5' wide but 8' long. I have two of them. One was a great deal I couldn't pass up so I bought it and turned it into a dump(been meaning to post pics). the other one I bought new and I use it a lot for all the mowing that I do and most all other stuff. I am also looking for a used lazer or the equivalent of a lazer next spring for around $4k. The problem is that all the used lazers up for sale are 60'' wide and 2'' too wide for the trailer. Right now I am looking at a 20hp bucket loader that is too big and def to heavy for the 5x8. I have my eye on a local trailer that is overkill for both. A 8x16 or 18 dual axle. Summary: I'm going to be spending a lot of money in the near future lol.

I Know its sooo small. Im gonna next year get a 6.5x14 hopefully and a full time helper who can drive and will hopefuly provide a truck but and then another helper so i can have a 3 man crew! Thanks! -Mitch-

ALarsh
11-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Full time "helper", meaning 40+ hour work week?

DSLND
11-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Not 40 hour week just M-F 8-5 during summer and M-Sat. 3-6. Hoping to have two helpers for a 3 man crew but we'll see. -Mitch-

bjlawnman
11-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Not 40 hour week just M-F 8-5 during summer and M-Sat. 3-6. Hoping to have two helpers for a 3 man crew but we'll see. -Mitch-
How many accounts do you have? That seems like a lot of people to have working for you if you only have a few Right now i can't justify paying someone I make more money just by myself, but in a few years hoping to add a worker.

DSLND
11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
In 2006 I ended with 12 weekly yards from 4,000sq ft to 5 acres. Next year i would like 20-25 and do triple the landscaping next year and would like 1,000 coming in weekly $700 from mowing and $300 from landscaping, with the 3 man crew i may find that i can take on more work which i could then bump accounts up to 30 mayb but we'll see. -Mitch-

DSLND
11-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Scratch That im gonna need to be making 1200-1500 a week to be able to do that so im gonna do some advertising next year the local paper ad got me about 10 clean ups this season. Worked well and paid for itself many times. -Mitch-

ALarsh
11-25-2006, 01:33 PM
In 2006 I ended with 12 weekly yards from 4,000sq ft to 5 acres. Next year i would like 20-25 and do triple the landscaping next year and would like 1,000 coming in weekly $700 from mowing and $300 from landscaping, with the 3 man crew i may find that i can take on more work which i could then bump accounts up to 30 mayb but we'll see. -Mitch-
I am above those numbers working 3 days a week 3-7 pm (during the school year) with myself and another partner.

You can do it with yourself and a partner after school. The more you spend on labor is less that goes in your pocket.

DSLND
11-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Good Point. I dunno i got some thinking to do this winter whether i want to expand ALOT or just a little next year. Dunno yet. -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
11-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Do you plow snow in winter with that craftsman? How much did you pay for your trailer?

DSLND
11-26-2006, 11:52 AM
I do plow with the craftsman. I have (not pictured) the 48in plow, tire chains, and wheel weights and i was going to get the cab and a strobe light but im gonna wait because next year im hoping to upgrade to a John Deere 445 for landscaping with the loader, snow plow and other stuff. The trailer is a 2004 5x10 Carry-On and i paid $800.00 total with the license and registration. Thanks! -Mitch-

DSLND
11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Well were scheduled for 13" of snow in the next 48 hours so im ready!

DSLND
11-30-2006, 11:27 PM
The whole rig! LOL

DSLND
11-30-2006, 11:28 PM
The Craftsman!

ALarsh
11-30-2006, 11:30 PM
That looks mighty cold. Isn't it kind of dangerous to drive that down the road when it is snowing?

DSLND
11-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I wont be doing much driving on the road, 3/5 of my plowing accounts are neighbors and we live on a private lane off the road and the others i can cut through my back yard to get to. Yea its cold but i looked into getting the cab but i didnt think it would be worth it bc next year i want to trade the Craftsman in and get a JD 445 w/loader and plow for landscaping and snow removal. -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
12-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey, I know you probably won't reply right away, because I heard the reports too! 13", wow! Well anyway, did you buy that Craftsman new or used, how much did you pay for it w/the plow?

DSLND
12-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Got in earlier from plowing 1.5ft of snow! The craftsman is a 1995 Craftsman Garden Tractor w/22.5hp Kohler V-Twin, 50in mowing deck, 48 snow plow, chains,weights and a 38" lawn sweeper. Thats what it was when i bought it in 2003. I bought it used with about 1500 hours on it (no meter, just estimate) and i got it for $1100 w/plow, deck, and sweeper and i love that machine and im hoping to sell it next year and get a JD 445 w/loader and plow bc i need something bigger for landscaping and snow removal and the craftsman has over 2000 hours now so its time to upgrade but its an amazing machine. -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
12-01-2006, 10:44 PM
How well does it push that much snow?

DSLND
12-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Its got power but today pushing was slow bc the snow was high and it was icey and i would do a push with the plow up and then put the plow down and it did good but it was slow but with smaller amounts of snow it does awesome and u can switch the direction of the blade with out getting off of the maching. -Mitch-

DSLND
12-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Well while winterizing the cutting equipment today i decided to take some pics of how the trailer will be setup next year until about June when i can get my new one (the 2x4's will not hold the gate up, im going to get some metal and make the trailer gate hook to the trailer to get it to stay. Yes i know im pathetic, LOL but next year b4 i buy alot i need to build the business bank account so im not dependent on invoices every month. Enjoy! -Mitch-

DSLND
12-10-2006, 05:37 PM
More! ---------------------------

DSLND
12-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Number Three!!!!! ------------

DSLND
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM
And finally my new addition to the plow! LOL i Total Cost = $3.12. If anyone is wondering i loosened up the shoes and then stuck the poles down between the plow and the shoes and then tightened the shoes and the shoes are clamping the sticks to the plow. -Mitch-

GotGreen
12-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Do you need to take both mowers every time? If you don't, I will recommend taking the mower you will plan to use on specific routes plus a 21" until you can afford a bigger trailer, that's what I did, safety first, instead of looking like trying to put on those 32 waist pants I used 10 years ago.

DSLND
12-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Not for every job but alot and the way i have to route my customers i will be doing various sized yards on every route so there will be days where i need all of them, and i think it looks cool. LOL -Mitch-

RedMax Man
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey Mitch, I've been looking at all your pics. Ya got alot of nice equipment, quite an assortment too. Yeah its looking like you need to upgrade your trailer before you run into any problems or accidents. I can fit all my stuff on my 6.5 x 12 ft. trailer, i guess that TORO Z takes up half the space.:laugh:
Can you fit the JD walkbehind in sideways? i do that with my Toro wb when needed.

ALarsh
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Try putting the JD on the front and putting the two forks of the toro in between the chassis of the walkbehind. That JD looks long so it still isn't going to fit.

You can also try backing the JD on the front, have the handle bars hang over the front and putting the two forks of the JD and toro kind if inside one another. That might work a little better but your still going to need a bigger trailer!

RedMax Man
12-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Try putting the JD on the front and putting the two forks of the toro in between the chassis of the walkbehind. That JD looks long so it still isn't going to fit.

You can also try backing the JD on the front, have the handle bars hang over the front and putting the two forks of the JD and toro kind if inside one another. That might work a little better but your still going to need a bigger trailer!

Or you could hang the whole deck of the JD over the front rail like i saw one guy do.:hammerhead: He also thew in his 21" beside it tipped over.:laugh:

DSLND
12-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks Guys! I have tried everything!!!! With the WB in front and the Z in back the engine of the Z hangs off and the gate wont even go up and everything else did not work due to whatever reason and so this is the best way i got it, lol!

RedMax Man: Hey how do you like your t-bar the JD has about 1700 hours on it right now but i got it for a deal and its a really nice mower but i will be looking in the next year to trade it in for a 48in T-Bar. Also how do you like your walker, the more i see them the more i like them, i dont think there are any dealers near me but who knows.

ALarsh: Yea 7x12 w/rear and side gate and also we are getting posession of another house on the 15th so i will get before pics very soon.

Thanks Guys! -Mitch-

RedMax Man
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM
RedMax Man: Hey how do you like your t-bar the JD has about 1700 hours on it right now but i got it for a deal and its a really nice mower but i will be looking in the next year to trade it in for a 48in T-Bar. Also how do you like your walker, the more i see them the more i like them, i dont think there are any dealers near me but who knows.

The Toro T-Bar is a great machine. I have the 48" fixed deck runs very well and cuts in all kinds of conditions. I bought mine used from another landscaper in NH, he only used it a couple times a year to do back yards that he couldn't fit his Lazer Z into. T- Bar controls are way better than pistols, much more comfortable and can be operated one handed too when needed.
the Walker is one sweet machine. Its the boss when it comes to leaves. I got it this fall so i have done alot of reg. mowing with it but am looking forward to. I've been wanting to get one ever since i started out and have alway liked them, they're quite popular in my area especially for the higher end properties. One landscape co. in my town only uses them. A Walker fits my needs better than a big Z because i don't have alot of really large properties to mow, many have hills or tight spots and need a nice manicured look.

I got pics. of the mower in the Pictures forum.

LawnInOrder
12-11-2006, 01:40 AM
The whole rig! LOL

Damn. looks exactly like my old set-up. I got an lt-1000 craftsman riding mower.I got the cab and boy does it help, but your visibility suffers alot IMO. So i don't even use the cab anymore. Looks Good. Keep up the great work. imma post a couple of pictures of mu snow rig when i get a chance. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder
12-11-2006, 01:40 AM
The whole rig! LOL

Damn. looks exactly like my old set-up. I got an lt-1000 craftsman riding mower.I got the cab and boy does it help, but your visibility suffers alot IMO. So i don't even use the cab anymore. Looks Good. Keep up the great work. imma post a couple of pictures of mu snow rig when i get a chance. LawnInOrder

DSLND
12-11-2006, 09:34 AM

Awesome! Dude ur setup is sweet, i love go-carts!! -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, gonna defenitely need a new trailer I see. I think you should get a new trailer now and it shouldn't take too long to pay off next year, but, whatever floats your boat buddy and good luck next year!

DSLND
12-11-2006, 07:22 PM
I would go get a new trailer right now but i just paid a $1500.00 payment on the Z which is half and i want to pay the other half before June and then get the 2-bin bagger, roll bar, and Quik Chute and then get a new trailer. -Mitch-

DSLND
12-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Took a pic of my shop today. Going to look at a 10x20 unit tomorrow so we can bring out 69 mustang home and have both antique cars home (68 VW and 69 Mustang). -Mitch-

MowerMedic77
12-23-2006, 09:56 AM
I would extend your trailer gate chains so that you can use them to keep you gate open like you have it but without using the 2x4's. Hope you can visualize my explanation:confused:

Lawn Enforcer
12-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Is your shop a storage unit near your house?

DSLND
12-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Mower Medic: I think what im going to do is schedule my yards so that i will only need one of the riders per day or if i need to switch i will make sure to be near a property near my house so its not out of the way until i get a bigger trailer. But thats a really good idea! I'll keep it in mind! -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer: The shop you see in the picture is at my house, but the one im heading out to look at today is 2 miles away from my house so i can ride my bike there to go mess around or get stuff ready and its a mile from wal-mart so i can go get gas so im prepared for the next day. -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Took a pic of my shop today. Going to look at a 10x20 unit tomorrow so we can bring out 69 mustang home and have both antique cars home (68 VW and 69 Mustang). -Mitch-

Wait are you taking your mowing stuff some where to be stored? Or are you just taking the cars some where?

Nick

DSLND
12-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Well it was nice out today so i took a roof top picture and a pic of my new tool bench santa brought me! LOL -Mitch-

DSLND
12-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Roof Top Picture.

zim bob the landscaper
12-26-2006, 11:42 PM
nice man looks awesome now we just need some snow.

bjlawnman
12-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Nice setup... How do you like that stihl hedge trimmer?? I was looking at purchasing the same one. Even though its a homeowner model how does it hold up? I will not be using it everyday.

DSLND
12-27-2006, 12:07 AM
The STIHL HS 45 is an awesome machine! I love it, if u look at my chainsaw thread it helped with chopping all that crap out. Even being a residential piece i consider it commercial grade. Would highly recomend it! -Mitch-

CMLawnCare
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
What percent does your dad get for being the driver? Also is insurance killer with all that equipment?

DSLND
01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
My dad gets an hourly rate and a mileage rate. Im acually not insured yet. I do have a meeting with a guy at a local insurance company later this moth though to look into it. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Mitch your funny, did you really get on your roof just to get a pic. of all your toys? Did you have that summer weather i had on Sat. it was like 70 out there. I felt like cutting grass but there was nothing to cut so i just went around the yard on the Walker and worked a bit on my tools to get them ready for spring.

DSLND
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Mitch your funny, did you really get on your roof just to get a pic. of all your toys? Did you have that summer weather i had on Sat. it was like 70 out there. I felt like cutting grass but there was nothing to cut so i just went around the yard on the Walker and worked a bit on my tools to get them ready for spring.

Believe It Or Not I did get on the roof!! LOL. But yea the weather has been great lately for working at that house getting all that crap cleared out. We got that whole retaining wall out (over 2 tons of brick) and got most of the brush out of there. I want to mow so bad and i acually saw a yard the other day that was fully green and acually needed cutting. But im using the weather and just getting all the landscaping i can done at that house! Its been anywhere from 48-64 degrees in the past two weeks. -Mitch-

SpikeGT
01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Nice setup you got there.

DSLND
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Nice setup you got there.

Thanks! Hope to expand it alot next year. -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
02-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Do you have your Toro WB yet?

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Just bought it today!!!!! I'm in love with it already! I will post pictures in like five minutes, just have to resize. -Mitch-

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Got it today! Got it for a great price from a Lawn Site User Scott Carr, great guy to work with, reliable, and would recommend him to anyone if your looking to purchase some stuff he's got for sale. Its a 2002 Toro 52' WB, with T-Bar controls, 17hp Kawisaki deck, and a floating style deck. I have ordered a grass catcher for it so it should be here before we start clean ups. It also came with the proslide sulky which i LOVE! Enjoy! -Mitch-

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
#2---------------------------------------

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
#3-----------------------

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
#4-------------------------

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:37 PM
#5-------------------------

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Last One For Now!!!!!!

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Just realized it really needs a bath!!! Will do that once it comes maintenance day! -Mitch-

ScagBoy09
02-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Get that poor thing out of the snow!!:hammerhead: I would hate to see mine in that crap. looks like a decent machine, not a big toro fan but should get your monies worth out of it. Clean that baby up and let her sit till spring lol.

DSLND
02-18-2007, 09:56 PM
lol. I'm gonna give it a bath this week when it warms up, i cleaned all the water and crap off of it b4 i put it in the garage. -Mitch-

ScagBoy09
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
yeah im sure its nice and cold over their in IL. I went through there back in nov when I picked my scag up in Wisconsin from ohio. Pretty long haul for a straight drive there and back lol. Goodluck come spring!

zim bob the landscaper
02-18-2007, 10:18 PM
looks good mitch. all ready for spring already i dont want it to become spring yet well one more good storm then im set. lol

DSLND
02-18-2007, 10:21 PM
looks good mitch. all ready for spring already i dont want it to become spring yet well one more good storm then im set. lol

Haha! Yea i'm ready for spring, this snow really stinks cuz i'm not a winter person and especially the way the wind has been lately it stinks with out heat on the tractor. -Mitch-

nmez21
02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Mitch, nice addition! Good luck this year to each and every one of you.

DSLND
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Very nice addition mitch. Good luck this year to each and every one of you.

Thank You Very Much!! From the looks of the weather we're going to be starting here VERY SOON! -Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
So are going to get a new trailer for spring? I don't think both those mowers will fit on your trailer now!:laugh:

DSLND
02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
So are going to get a new trailer for spring? I don't think both those mowers will fit on your trailer now!:laugh:

Haha! I am acually outside right now seeing how much of them i can get on the trailer. I have to put the Z master in front and the Walk Behind in back and i got to tilt the gate back a little but it will work until i get something bigger (7x12 or 7x14). But not until summer. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Nice Toro WB Mitch, your gonna really like it. Your's has all the goodies T-bar, 17hp. Kaw. and Floating deck. Its better than mine. How much did it cost if ya don't mind me asking? I paid $1750 for mine with a catcher, sulky, and 3 sets of blades.

DSLND
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Nice Toro WB Mitch, your gonna really like it. Your's has all the goodies T-bar, 17hp. Kaw. and Floating deck. Its better than mine. How much did it cost if ya don't mind me asking? I paid $1750 for mine with a catcher, sulky, and 3 sets of blades.

RMM: I paid $1500 for the mower itslef, and another $100 for the guy to meet us half way (about 100 miles). It came with the Pro-Slide and i am getting the catcher next week for my birthday. I really like it and cant wait to cut with it. -Mitch-

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Some Pictures From Today!

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Another!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Number Three!!!

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Number Four!!!

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Number Five!!!!

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Last One!!!

RedMax Man
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Jam packed LOL. How about this, Back in both mowers, the Z first then the WB. You might be able to close the gate because the T-Bar of the WB can hang over the deck of the Z. The only thing that could get in the way from what I can see is the Proslide.
BTW sounds like you got a decent deal on your new mower.

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Jam packed LOL. How about this, Back in both mowers, the Z first then the WB. You might be able to close the gate because the T-Bar of the WB can hang over the deck of the Z. The only thing that could get in the way from what I can see is the Proslide.
BTW sounds like you got a decent deal on your new mower.

I acually tried that today and it was just worse. Half of the deck of the WB hung over the trailer and the way i have it pictured was the easiest. I will be purchasing a new trailer hopefully in June but then i will have the 21in in front, WB, and then Z. I'm hoping to get a 7x14 dual axle. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh well, ya you'll just hafta get that new trailer soon. I can put my WB sideways on my trailer, I guess your's won't fit that way right?

Uranus
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Tag. Your It!

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh well, ya you'll just hafta get that new trailer soon. I can put my WB sideways on my trailer, I guess your's won't fit that way right?

Yea. lol. I tried to turn the mower sideways but it didn't work, i found out that it would have worked if i had a side gate. But i don't. lol -Mitch-

RedMax Man
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Tag. Your It!

Hey how was the snow down your way? Tag.

DSLND
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey how was the snow down your way? Tag.

Snow here was great! I got two days off of school last week when we got like 8' and then we got another 3' Friday night! It was fun but i think winter is over because it's suppost to be in the 40's and 50's for the next couple weeks. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Finally got snow up here on Vday last week.

zim bob the landscaper
02-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Finally got snow up here on Vday last week.

ya man i know horrible aint it? we got 10" up here made some money, but the directionals on the chevy kept blowing the fuse. changed it like 3 times and we just went without it dangerous but we had to plow to make money. but that was the only problem which was good. how much snow did u get?

BTW, mitch looks awesome bro!! good luck this season and to everyone else!!

DoetschOutdoor
02-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Snow here was great! I got two days off of school last week when we got like 8' and then we got another 3' Friday night! It was fun but i think winter is over because it's suppost to be in the 40's and 50's for the next couple weeks. -Mitch-

So you guys got 11 feet of snow recently???? Just messing with ya but you know the single mark is for feet right? ' versus "

jaybow
02-20-2007, 02:25 PM

Yeah I have to pickup your wife and kids later,:cool2:

KS_Grasscutter
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I really hope you aint planning on going down the road like that... is the trailer even made for that much weight? I would say use one mower or the other until you get your bigger trailer. Also, on the trailer, why not go with a 16'+ trailer, so you have room for everything to easily fit, plus have room to haul more stuff in the future?

DSLND
02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I really hope you aint planning on going down the road like that... is the trailer even made for that much weight? I would say use one mower or the other until you get your bigger trailer. Also, on the trailer, why not go with a 16'+ trailer, so you have room for everything to easily fit, plus have room to haul more stuff in the future?

Not sure yet. But i don't think my dad's jeep could tow a 16', i think once i got all of the equipment on it, that it would be really hard on the jeep with it only being a V-6 but i haven't made up my mind yet. The trailer is rated a 2990, the walk behind is very lite and doesen't have very much of an impact on the weight, its the Z master that provides 75% of the weight but i may get some bearing buddies as suggested by Stuffdeer earlier in the thread. -Mitch-

ScagBoy09
02-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Not sure yet. But i don't think my dad's jeep could tow a 16', i think once i got all of the equipment on it, that it would be really hard on the jeep with it only being a V-6 but i haven't made up my mind yet. The trailer is rated a 2990, the walk behind is very lite and doesen't have very much of an impact on the weight, its the Z master that provides 75% of the weight but i may get some bearing buddies as suggested by Stuffdeer earlier in the thread. -Mitch-

I have a venture with a 3.4 v6 and I can haul my hydro wb and my friends 52" hustler on a 12 foot trailer and it pulls it w/o a problem. The only issue I have sometimes is stopping because the brakes have a hard time but other than that I know that jeep can handle that.

DSLND
02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
I have a venture with a 3.4 v6 and I can haul my hydro wb and my friends 52" hustler on a 12 foot trailer and it pulls it w/o a problem. The only issue I have sometimes is stopping because the brakes have a hard time but other than that I know that jeep can handle that.

Well after just talking with my older brother, he is considering coming back and working for me after a big arguement last year in which he quit working for me. He has a 97 S-10 V-6 and it tows the trailer fine. I think i will just do a 7x14 for this year and then next year when i'm 15 if things turn out well and i can buy a truck, i hope to upgrading to a 8x16 or 8x18 enclosed trailer for mowing but we'll see. -Mitch-

ScagBoy09
02-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Well after just talking with my older brother, he is considering coming back and working for me after a big arguement last year in which he quit working for me. He has a 97 S-10 V-6 and it tows the trailer fine. I think i will just do a 7x14 for this year and then next year when i'm 15 if things turn out well and i can buy a truck, i hope to upgrading to a 8x16 or 8x18 enclosed trailer for mowing but we'll see. -Mitch-

wait so how old are you like 14?

stuffdeer
02-21-2007, 11:16 AM
wait so how old are you like 14?

Yes..He is only 14. He is going to go far.

klink34
02-21-2007, 02:00 PM
wow, i can't believe I looked at all 17 pages of this stuff. So I guess since I put my time into that I guess I'll go ahead and through my two cents in. One, don't you think that you are slightly over equipped? I mean you said you had around 10 (I believe) weekly accounts. I mean the set-up is nice but I do believe for the amount of business it's an overkill. I have a 50" dixiechopper, a 21" toro push, an echo backpack blower, and two curved shaft echo trimmers and a couple of hand held sorts, all packed onto a 6.5x12 trailer. I handle around 30 accounts by myself,close to 40 yards weekly. I also do landscaping throughout. I understand about having to have at least one worker, due to the fact that you need a driver, since I had to do that about 6 years ago, but I seen you talk of a third worker. Personally I think you are trying to kill your overhead. Two, this relates to what I had been talking about, over the course I believe you had bought quite a bit of equipment. Why not sell some of your things and save your money and buy you a truck, which is much more needed than a bigger trailer to fit all of your equipment. After all a two man crew can only run some many pieces of machinery at a time. Sorry to make such a novel but hey thought I might throw some things out there, but like I said good stuff and good luck with the 07 season!!:waving:

DoetschOutdoor
02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking about having too much equipment. Why in the world would you put 2 pushmowers on a small trailer like that? What do you really need 2 pushmowers for? And why would you need a helper with 10 yards? Or a third helper? You could easily mow 20-30 yards a week by yourself and you dont even have that many and you have these helpers? Not knocking you at all, just seems a little strange. And how did this thread get to 17 pages??

klink34
02-21-2007, 02:16 PM
It just kept building... anyways, he needs at least one worker to drive for him.

DSLND
02-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Well things really started coming in in January. I was talking to people left and right about mowing, landscaping, etc. So far this year from what i have so far i am going to go into this season with about 25-30 weekly lawn accounts by the time i am done advertising, basically tripleing customer base from last year, therefore more equipment is needed. I have yards ranging from 4k sq ft to 6 acres, and all the rest are in the middle. I had a three man crew for a couple days in September of 06 due to the fact that we had just about a week straight of rain and i have perfect attendance and was working after school trying to get 14 yards in. This year i will have one helper up until leaf season i will ad another guy to get jobs done faster. I think i have all needed equipment for now, i am going to take a lot of time this season to get money down for a truck, my goal is $5-7k. By all means i respect everyone's opinion but i think this outfit will work well for me this year. Thanks! Oh Happy start of Lint! -Mitch-

klink34
02-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm not doubting you, just trying to help you. I've had to do the same thing as you did back in highschool. My junior and senior year I had 46 yards to mow per week. I also played football (all state baby!!) and yet I still did this by myself with one rider and one push, and at that time a damn handheld (ouch!) all in two days, saturday and sunday. I'm just saying it's cool to have a lot of things, but it sucks when you don't need it. Also, you are counting on yards you don't have. You claim on trippling your business on advertising that hasn't been done yet(from what I have gathered). That is some miracle advertising. but anyways I'm just blabing it up so...peace.

RedMax Man
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't see any problem with Mitch's biz. He's got professional quality equipment and if it's all paid off then thats great. When more acounts and work come he'll be ready and the equipment and money invested into it will make him more money. It's good to have a few backup tools. I think he's also selling a few of his tools that aren't needed.
Just don't get in over your head, but get that trailer and truck soon as possible.

DSLND
02-23-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't see any problem with Mitch's biz. He's got professional quality equipment and if it's all paid off then thats great. When more acounts and work come he'll be ready and the equipment and money invested into it will make him more money. It's good to have a few backup tools. I think he's also selling a few of his tools that aren't needed.
Just don't get in over your head, but get that trailer and truck soon as possible.

Thanks! Dude i saw your truck yesterday in some thread, i don't remember but that sucker is a BEAST! But yea i'm going to try to convince my parent to allow me to purchase a truck next year when i'm 15. I do have a good amount of older residential equipment and my old John Deere WB for sale, just stuff people have gave me or i no longer need. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks! Dude i saw your truck yesterday in some thread, i don't remember but that sucker is a BEAST! But yea i'm going to try to convince my parent to allow me to purchase a truck next year when i'm 15. I do have a good amount of older residential equipment and my old John Deere WB for sale, just stuff people have gave me or i no longer need. -Mitch-

Thanks, did you see it on the "black" thread? I'll get better pics. of my whole collection in the spring.

DSLND
02-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks, did you see it on the "black" thread? I'll get better pics. of my whole collection in the spring.

YES! I knew it was somwhere. Cool, i'll look forward to it. -Mitch-

Scag48
02-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Dude, you seriously need a 7X16 trailer, quick!

DSLND
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Dude, you seriously need a 7X16 trailer, quick!

I will be getting a 7x14 here pretty soon. I would get a 16' but i don't think my bro's S-10 V-6 or my dad's Jeep could tow it. -Mitch-