PDA

View Full Version : First Retaining Wall Pics

DSLND
06-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Heres the first "Real" retaining wall we've ever built for a cutstomer.

dcgreenspro
06-12-2006, 12:14 AM
looks nice. simple and will look even better when you put in the landscaping. keep up the good work!

DSLND
06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks, acually the homeowner wanted to put the plants and mulch in and she was soo happy with it that she wants us to build another one in her front yard. She i believe already put the plants and mulch in and when we go up there to build the second one i'll take pictures of the finished landscape. Thanks -Mitch-

cwlawley
06-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Did you add some type of plastic, or other barrier between the house and the dirt to keep things from rotting?

kris
06-12-2006, 08:03 AM
dcgreenspro .... Nice of you to give him a compliment but someone really needs to tell this gentleman that this does not even look like a good DIYS HOMEOWNERS JOB.

0 cuts were made on the top layer ...issues with soil against the house and chain link fence ..my guess is 0 base prep also.

Gatewayuser
06-12-2006, 09:26 AM
dcgreenspro .... Nice of you to give him a compliment but someone really needs to tell this gentleman that this does not even look like a good DIYS HOMEOWNERS JOB.

0 cuts were made on the top layer ...issues with soil against the house and chain link fence ..my guess is 0 base prep also.

Your right, when I build walls no matter how small I use a gravel base. Did you string it also? You need to do that so the wall is the same hight and level from one end to the other.
Kris, its still not bad for his 1st one, but it's good that he posted so we can help make him better.

DSLND
06-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks, We used string and its level it just looks unlevel i think bc im standing one foot on one step and another foot on another and yes the bricks were level we spent a long time making sure they were perfect. we had to cut some of the bricks on the first row and where that first turn coming off the cement is we had to put 3 bricks for about a foot so it would be level and if we used dirt it would have looked really bad. Thanks, -Mitch-

XXL Hardscaper
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Did you get paid for that?

DSLND
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Yes I did get paid for it. Why would i not? Not being rude or anything. Thanks -Mitch-

Gatewayuser
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Yes I did get paid for it. Why would i not? Not being rude or anything. Thanks -Mitch-

He was being sarcastic. Don't listen to anyone that is a good wall for your 1st time.:waving:

DSLND
06-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh i get it. Haha thats pretty funny. gateway : thanks for supporting me i believe there are things i would do different next time but i think we did ok for the first time. Thanks Again -Mitch-

Gatewayuser
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh i get it. Haha thats pretty funny. gateway : thanks for supporting me i believe there are things i would do different next time but i think we did ok for the first time. Thanks Again -Mitch-

No problem, have a great year!