PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Hydro Problems

longpointlandscape
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi I have an older Bobcat Hydro WB. When the unit gets hot and I shut it off to take a break the right hydro doesn't want to engage fully. It is really slow and makes a clicking noise. If you let it cool down for about 30 minutes its fine. The right side is also always slow to engage on a hill unless i pull it back to reverse and then drop it into forward. This all started about two weeks ago when I went to a customers house who live out a very bumpy road. When I went to move the machine off the trailer it wouldn't move at all and made that clicking noise. I have yet to do anything to the hydro system but am planning on changing the oil/filter in the hydros and changing the belt. I got the purging instructions(thanks guys) and plan on doing it as well. I realize that may be my problem but my question why just the right side. Any input would be great.
Thanks,
Micah

lawnmaniac883
06-12-2006, 01:10 PM
How many hours are on the wb? I would suggest changing the hydro belt out as it may very well be slipping.

longpointlandscape
06-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Its got about 700 hours on it, give or take. I have purging it for about an hour now and it seems to get a little better but not completely. I'll go change the belt now. Thanks