PDA

View Full Version : Pics of New Chevrolet Silverado

EagleFlight Rep
06-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Pics are attached, hopefully I did it right.

MarcSmith
06-13-2006, 11:19 AM
so i wonder if the "hood partialy latched" is gonna be standard or an option...:)

DBL
06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
that looks like a colorado or another mid sized truck...doesnt look big and tough i dont think

jazak
06-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Looks like a POS. ;) :dizzy: If thats what there new truck is going to be I'm sticking with Ford and Dodge. :)

FearThisDeere
06-13-2006, 03:43 PM
EWWWW... I don't like that at all. Looks way too much like the Colorado. What is with the smoke coming out of the tailpipe in the first shot? The Ram is looking better and better in my mind!

EagleFlight Rep
06-13-2006, 05:06 PM
The story that went with these pictures is that they were doing a commercial shoot and uncovered the truck to wash it, which is how this guy got the pictures.

MMLawn
06-13-2006, 08:39 PM
The story that went with these pictures is that they were doing a commercial shoot and uncovered the truck to wash it, which is how this guy got the pictures.

YEAH.....that's ALWAYS the "story" and they are always "upps, we messed up and uncovered it" "spy" photos......the whole deal is set-up by the MFG.....in this case GM. I mean come on, if hey really wanted to keep it under wraps you'd never see it until they were ready for you to.......

newz7151
06-13-2006, 09:25 PM
What did they do, get Nissan or Toyota to build that one for them?

tthomass
06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
wheels i hate.............body flares not a fan of, front bumper i question

i'll stick with my 2002.........i think that is gonna be known as a "classic" look in the years to come..........very clean and appealing, this model needs a little work, they throw it out there the 1st year then change in the 2nd to be more appealing...........remember the first Escalade?

EagleFlight Rep
06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
YEAH.....that's ALWAYS the "story" and they are always "upps, we messed up and uncovered it" "spy" photos......the whole deal is set-up by the MFG.....in this case GM. I mean come on, if hey really wanted to keep it under wraps you'd never see it until they were ready for you to.......

You mean to tell me that GM wouldn't just unload that truck and take it through the local car wash? :rolleyes:

I think they were trying to creat some buzz around the truck.

PastyWhite
06-14-2006, 09:05 PM
What did they do, get Nissan or Toyota to build that one for them?

You read my mind. I think it looks kinda like a Titan.

Jpocket
06-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I hope the 2500's and 3500's look better than that cuz thats ugly. I hope they look good in 2009 cuz thats when Im due for a new one.

tcls83
06-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I see myself getting used to it. The Colorado-looking bed really needs some getting used to, though.

There are more pictures around of this truck in different angles and color, I've seen them, and they are nice looking trucks. I'm sure we'll like them when they hit the streets. Give it some time.

At least it looks much better than the 2003+ Silverados. They still look funky to me.

Also: Notice how a lot of us view the Colorado as "crappy". That truck only came out a couple of years ago. It already seems like they are due for a new small truck as much as Ford. I was never a huge fan of the compact Chevy trucks though.

mcwlandscaping
06-17-2006, 06:12 PM
why can't companies come out with a 100% tough truck like they used to. The older chevys, dodges and fords are outlasting the new ones because they seem to be built tougher. New ones are loaded up with plastics, cheaper engine parts, and are skimped on metal strenght whereever possible. just my view though

MarcSmith
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM
why can't companies come out with a 100% tough truck like they used to.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$make it cheaper and get increased profits since it cheaper to build.......

Patriots
06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
What a joke. And the Titan is far better looking, never mind better made.

lawnspecialties
06-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I've seen better looking sleds behind reindeer.

JTF40
06-19-2006, 04:02 PM
This truck AND the '07 Tahoe's & Suburbans - are definately resembeling the Isuzu line-up. It is sad - Chevy :hammerhead: :hammerhead: has really dropped the ball in the last few years on the design of their truck line-up. It is a fact they will NEVER catch-up to Ford on units sold in the U.S.

Ramairfreak98ss
06-20-2006, 09:19 AM
i dont like that at all, but that looks like its trying to be a stepside, dont like 4 door trucks and wheels too small.... maybe a longbed extended cab, 2 tone would look nicer with some larger tires lol

easton
06-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I spent lots on a 98 Chevy and the fuel pump went out regularly. Take bed off frame for easy repair, just add $900. I spent more on a 03 Chevy and at 40,000 miles the speedometer quit. Just replace entire cluster and add $500, no problem! Chevy tries something new every year, and when it breaks it is YOURS. Don't buy one and you won't be complaining like me.

jazak
06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I toyota is better then that new chevy POS. :angry: I think GM is not going to be in my list of things to buy for a LONG time if they don't decide to actually make a truck that looks good. :hammerhead: