PDA

View Full Version : Best Trimmer Rack Hands Down

procut
06-13-2006, 11:38 PM
ok, I have bought a couple 'economy' trimmer racks in the past, and have never been completely satisfied. I am looking for one that is fast to use and will hold trimmers nice and secure and upright. I'm willing to spend $$$ to get something decent, so cost isn't an issue.

T.E.
06-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Trimmer trap, hands down

carcrz
06-14-2006, 12:07 AM
I second the TT nomination. It is simply - THE BEST!

Lynden-Jeff
06-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Green Touch! Awesome trimmer racks.

Tharrell
06-15-2006, 05:40 PM
TRIMMER TRAP.
Go ahead and get the pro4 model, I did. It only takes one hand to operate and one lock to lock the whole thing up. The longer you wait, the more expensive they'll get. Do it now.

jmartin
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
How do the prices of the Trimmer Trap products compare to Green Touch?

Tharrell
06-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Here's the most recent price list for TrimmerTrap products and installation charges (as if!) at Teshandsons where I'm getting a trailer made.
I think I gave $229 for my pro4 about 3 years ago.
It doesn't really matter that much though because if it's loaded, it'll have about $1200 worth of equipment on it. Get the best, otherwise get the cheapest. You can't do both.
By the way, about 2 weeks ago I saw a bunch of bikers heading to the black bike week at Myrtle Beach. It was the funniest thing to see $30k worth of bikes on a $200 trailer. There was a long line of stuff like that.
Believe me, if your underwear bothers you in the morning, it will bother you ALL DAY LONG!
It's the same with your work tools, trailer etc...

Jpocket
06-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Lesco makes some nice ones, and are about the most popular around here.

CutRight
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
trimmer trap pro 4 in my enclosed trailer. and got the line roll holder, and ordered some blower racks

Frosty_03
06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
If you want the best you need to get you a set of Jungle Jims Racks, you can purchase a good set for around $250.00 plus tax and shipping, this includes a trimmer racks, hold three trimmers, a back pack rack that hold two blowers and a water cooler rack which I think is a a good price for all you get. I highly recommend Jungle Jims Product. :cool2:

lwcmattlifter
06-15-2006, 11:02 PM
The trimmer trap is quick and easy. One latch controls all 3 or 4 brackets and there are no pins or cables to mess with. I have the TT-2 and in 5 years it has never accidentally opened.

Tharrell
06-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Jungle Jims makes a good product but, it takes more steps to operate. I believe in the TrimmerTrap product so much that I went past my dealer to get them. They sell Jungle Jims products and I do almost all of my business with them. However, TrimmerTrap is clearly a better product.
Set the spool end in the cradle, pull and lift the knob with your right hand, set the power head in the other cradle, lock it up. Done.
By the way, I have 2 sets of Jungle Wheels so I do advocate some Jungle Jims products. AND, I have a Blower Mate too. Matter of fact, Jennifer sent me a brand new redesigned Blower Mate when she found out about my original Blower Mate problems. The redesigned unit took a beating when my trailer was totalled. I had my Echo 750 on the front left corner when that corner was hit by a reefer delivery truck. The blower must have went for a wild, swing because the long Master Lock was all twisted but the Blower Mate wasn't damaged! Way to go Jungle Jims!

J&R Landscaping
06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
If you want the best you need to get you a set of Jungle Jims Racks, you can purchase a good set for around $250.00 plus tax and shipping, this includes a trimmer racks, hold three trimmers, a back pack rack that hold two blowers and a water cooler rack which I think is a a good price for all you get. I highly recommend Jungle Jims Product. :cool2:

I'll second that!!!

J&R Landscaping
06-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Rack-em MFG makes some nice ones as well! I have installed both jungle jims and rackem racks at work! Get more buyers for them than trimmertrap. JMO

Boonman
06-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I have TT trimmer rack, and 2 blower racks. The trimmer rack is very quick and easy. My only concern is that it is a PITA to keep lubricated and working smoothly. Other than that, it is great.

TLS
06-19-2006, 05:43 AM
Trimmer Trap TT-2

Holds 3 units. One handed opening, auto closing.

No pins, lanyards. If ANY unit has multiple pins, latches, lanyards, clips, etc. Forget it.

This is a lifetime investment. They don't wear out. Just don't buy the TT-1, as it's a different design. Get the TT-2 even if you only have one or two trimmers.

Why have this http://www.greentouch.com/images/3placeLTopen300.jpg

When you can have this http://www.trimmertrap.com/racks/tt2front.jpg

bushhogman
06-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I think the bushhogman has the best the trimmer racks for the price. Why pay double when you dont have too!!!! Hog tie your rack with a Hog Rack!!!
WWW.bushhogman.com

Ramairfreak98ss
06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Green Touch! Awesome trimmer racks.

I just ordered all green touch equipment for my enclosed trailer. It appeared to be best built and longest lasting at least by construction. I like the vinyl coated yellow stuff, looks professional in the trailer.

TLS
06-20-2006, 09:29 AM
I just ordered all green touch equipment for my enclosed trailer. It appeared to be best built and longest lasting at least by construction. I like the vinyl coated yellow stuff, looks professional in the trailer.

Sure, they keep your tools off the floor.

But the overall day to day operation is VERY cumbersome.

Who cares what it LOOKS like! :rolleyes:

If it doesn't make you more efficient, why buy it.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but when I see people make the same mistakes that I did, I tend to get vocal.

Lynden-Jeff
06-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Seriously you guys make it sound like it takes 10 years to pop out 2 pins and remove a trimmer. The Vinyl is great because there is no vibration, rolling or sliding what so every and me being not so smooth on the driving end it really helps. I can litterally have a trimmer out in 10 seconds.

Cheers
Jeff

J&R Landscaping
06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
10 seconds don't sound to bad to me! JMO

TLS
06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
10 seconds doesn't sound too bad until you realize if you used a Trimmer Trap you'd be on that lawn trimming in those 10 seconds!

One hand on knob, other hand on trimmer. Lift and GO!

Ramairfreak98ss
06-20-2006, 11:29 PM
thanks tls lol, my trailers kinda big though, unless im driving out of that said development i just sit my trimmer back down on the floor lol, i dont mount it everytime i go to the next lawn, i wont need the locks for it either, just the tab things that hold them in.

Lynden-Jeff
06-21-2006, 12:27 AM
10 seconds doesn't sound too bad until you realize if you used a Trimmer Trap you'd be on that lawn trimming in those 10 seconds!

One hand on knob, other hand on trimmer. Lift and GO!

You don't lock your trimmers? Its the exact same thing, the only difference is I have to unlock each trimmer one at a time. As far as I know one worker doesn't use 2 trimmers at once (but maybe some do).

I can unlock, remove both pins (one in each hand) and take the trimmer out in the same time it takes you to unlock, move the knob and grab the trimmer. The only time saving I can see in TT is that if you have 2-3 crew members trimming it opens all trimmers at once, other wise your wasting time because you have to RELOCK to protect the other trimmers where as I do not.

Cheers
Jeff

TLS
06-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I've used Green Touch before. You don't have to explain. Have you used TT before?

There is a HUGE difference in speed of operation.

I do not lock my rack. But like you said the advantage there still goes to TT.

On a Green-Touch, you have a clip, a pin, and a lanyard. Two of everything for each trimmer.

With the TT, you have ONE knob. Simply lift and leave.

Lynden-Jeff
06-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Ive never owned one but I did look at one on a guys truck at my dealer. He said it was OK but even he thought green touch was better. He said the trimmers rolled around and it was a pain in the arse locking up after taking out only 1 tool. Really to each there own but I find green touch to be of superior quality even if it takes a few seconds longer.

Cheers
Jeff

TLS
06-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Ive never owned one
Nuff said right there. :nono:

He said it was OK but even he thought green touch was better. He said the trimmers rolled around and it was a pain in the arse locking up after taking out only 1 tool. Really to each there own but I find green touch to be of superior quality even if it takes a few seconds longer.

I cant imagine wishing for better quality on the TT.

One lock on the TT vs. 3 locks on the GT :rolleyes:

Maybe he had the 2 trimmer TT? Thats a totally different design. (still better IMO than the GT, but nothing like the ease of use on the 3 trimmer TT)

Tharrell
06-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I could see from the pictures of all the known trimmer racks that the TT was superior, then I bought a set and found out how tough they are made and how easy they are to use. Picking both up at once will challenge the average guy. I think they're around 75 pounds together.
Anyway, buy what you will, I'm happy with my TT pro4.