PDA

View Full Version : exmark spindle replacement

jontom
06-14-2006, 07:40 AM
I have a 52" Lazer with 1500 hrs. and the cut is still excellent. I have a fireball dedicated rotary blade grinder and mag-o-matic balancer and all my blades have been sharp and well balanced. Last week I had a electric pto clutch go out and took it in for replacement. Exmark provided a loaner machine with only 13 hours for use (many thanks) and I noticed the deck ran much quieter and when desingaged the pto button at 1/2 throttle that the sound of the deck is amazingly much quieter than my 6 yr. old mower. I have gotten used to the sound of the old unit and am conserned about spindle replacement. How many of you exmark users replace the spindles and how ofter. I do not mind spending the money or doing the work, just need opinions. My spindles are the no zert type from factory. I also run a exmark walk behind, 36" full floater with 15 hp kaw., another fine piece of machinery. Nobody but myself has run the lazer rider but me.

jontom
06-14-2006, 08:02 AM
I did forget to mention that I have replaced all sheaves, idler pulleys of deck sometime in the past. Just do not remember how long ago. Oldstimer problems with memory and failure to log date and hours when pulleys were replaced. Thanks for any help. John