PDA

View Full Version : Chevy starting problem..

TriplePLandscaping
06-14-2006, 09:51 PM
I have a chevy 2500hd 02 with about 55000 miles on it. Since last week I have been having a problem starting it. It cranks over but just doesnt start. I only have problems with it when the engine is warm. I smell a tad bit of gas when it finally starts.Did anyone else have this problem. What do you guys think the problem is.

Thanks...

carcrz
06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
I think the gas that you may be smelling is because it is probably fludded from trying to turn it over. It could be a number of things. How does it run when you get it going? Sounds like maybe a bad battery or a fuel pump starting to go. I can't recall for sure, but it seems like a tune-up may even help a bit. Check your plugs to see if they are due for replacement.

ken6224
06-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Check the hose to the mas sensor , if it has a small hole in it it will be hard to start and will run poorly. If there is no hole ,when it does it , tap the mas lightly with some thing , if it starts fine replace it .

easton
06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Electronic fuel pump.

Proscapez LLC
06-21-2006, 06:21 PM
I had that same issue with mine last year, I had to step on the pedal while cranking to start it.
First thing you should do is put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what you get.
I think it has to have 55-60 psi to start.
after cranking see if it starts to bleed down.

xcopterdoc
06-21-2006, 07:22 PM
This could be caused by several things. Since no one is there to see and look, I would have it looked at by a pro. A thorough scan of the systems would be in order. As well as checking the basics. If its doing it on a regular basis, a properly trained tech should be able to pin point the problem.
I hate to see someone just start throwing parts at something to fix it.

Mike33
06-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I had a customer last week had the same problem. It was the fuel pump but have it checked out.
Mike

ribit
06-24-2006, 01:37 AM
I had a Chevy once. I swear it tried to put me out of business. Never again!!

green814
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Not sure if you have the truck fixed, but if not it sounds like a fuel pressure regulator. It is located on the drivers side along the fuel rail. There is a vacuum hose that comes out the top. Pull the hose off & if it has any gas in it, replace the f.p. regulator. Hope this helps.
Chris

TriplePLandscaping
06-27-2006, 11:48 PM
nope not fixed yet. I have not time. Im just waiting till it breaks down while im on my route. damn that would suck. Ya i will defintly check out what u guys told me. Thank you all for your great help....

TriplePLandscaping
07-01-2006, 03:40 PM
just checked the vaccuum line on the fp reg on the fuel rail, and it does have gas in the line (skinny black plastic line?) called autozone and its 45.95 for a new one, gonna call federated see if its cheaper...

TriplePLandscaping
07-01-2006, 03:50 PM
got another question. our dump truck is also throwing a code, got it checked out, P0138 which is a sensor 2 high voltage for the rear o2 sensor in bank 1, now my question is if i replace the sensor would it correct the issue, b/c if its getting high voltage, does that necesarrily mean its the sensor at fault??

bad luck lately, my 04 monte is throwing a P0136 code for a malfunctioning rear 02 sensor as well but the silly computer doesnt know i got rid of the cat and installed an 02 simulator, just got to get the sim replaced now...

tthomass
07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
i'm play'n with 02 sensor myself.........dang emissions testing