PDA

View Full Version : Any paint stripers??

meets1
06-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Just wanting to discuss a few things. From machine, to guns, to parking lots, to paint.

Mdirrigation
06-15-2006, 09:43 AM
the best place to start is parkinglotplanet.com

sealer1
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Just wanting to discuss a few things. From machine, to guns, to parking lots, to paint.
I'm a paint "striper" - does that count?:drinkup:

PPClockworks
06-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Found this on EBAY talked to a few people they said they were pretty nice. That is about all I know for the price might be worth a phone call.

http://cgi.ebay.com/parking-stripes-striping-airless-paint-sprayer-striper_W0QQitemZ7629548992QQihZ017QQcategoryZ61574QQcmdZViewItem

shepoutside
06-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Ummm, no, that's not a great unit. I run Graco, and for me, they are the best !!!

PPClockworks
06-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Are you saying that because you used one and it didn't work? Or is that just a comment because you think Graco is the best. We all know they are but when you don't have all that to slap down sometimes you need a different route. I called him and he is giving me a good deal. Have you used this product before?

murray83
06-17-2006, 07:18 PM
i seen a similar unit pictured on this forum awhile ago.

i believe the user was DJ Contracting i think if you asked he'd be willing to tell you pros and cons on the unit,i think his is a bit different though but looks very similar.

shepoutside
06-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you saying that because you used one and it didn't work? Or is that just a comment because you think Graco is the best. We all know they are but when you don't have all that to slap down sometimes you need a different route. I called him and he is giving me a good deal. Have you used this product before?

Slow down dude, lol You asked a question, and I gave you my opinion. Yes Graco's are more $, but as most, started with used Kelly units. These were air units, and they did work, but looking back, I wish I started with airless machines to start with. This product you are looking at has a 30 days to change your mind, so try it! What works, or may not work for one, may have better results for another. You are smart, to stay within your Budget, but maybe you could find a used airless sprayer may be a better fit. Good luck which ever way you go :)

DJ Contracting
06-17-2006, 11:02 PM
It will work if thats all your buget will allow but don't for get you still have to order the stenciles. I bought my stenciles off ebay three years ago. Once the parking lots come more frequent then i"ll invest in a Graco. The unit i bought will spray around 100 gals of paint on one ten lb tank @ $13.00 to fill. Good luck.

Mdirrigation
06-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Buy a graco , if you cant afford one buy a used Kelly , mb , or LDI . Dont buy the bug sprayer on e bay . I have seen 1 in use , I was striping a lot and another guy was 4 business down from me with one . He let me try his , and then I let him try mine , He bought a graco the next week .

sealer1
06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Graco all the way!!!

meets1
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Graco vs EZ Liner VS AirLessco stripers.

Also airless or not? I have talked to everyone and all say good about one or the other. One guys told me if the pavement is uneven or your tire hits a stone with the air machines, they are more forgiving on the pavement.

I use all oil paints. Can that be used in your airless machines?

sealer1
06-20-2006, 02:26 PM
ABSOLUTELY AIRLESS - Graco. So many advantages to airless. You won't regret it.payup
Tiny

Laurentian
07-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, Like always thanks for the information. I am also starting and planning on purchasing the Garco 3400 Laserline. When starting what are the reasons to start with 2 guns? How do you work your bids? What do you charge for a new layout design on a new parking lot that is irregular? Plus how do you charge for the service it self. Thanks!

shepoutside
07-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, Like always thanks for the information. I am also starting and planning on purchasing the Garco 3400 Laserline. When starting what are the reasons to start with 2 guns? How do you work your bids? What do you charge for a new layout design on a new parking lot that is irregular? Plus how do you charge for the service it self. Thanks!

2 Guns are used for wide lines, like stop lines, or cross walks, etc. I use two guns, one on a shorter hose, for the lines ( short hose better in cleaning between color changes, and the long hose for stencils/curbs/light poles, etc.

meets1
07-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Can you mount your guns on either side of machine? Sometimes I think this could be greatly appreciated if your in a tight spot from either side.

sealer1
07-06-2006, 11:21 AM
The gun mounting on Gracos can be moved from way in the front of the machine to all the way behind the rear axle and from side to side as well very quickly and easily.
I don't think the 3400 model supports 2 guns though. The only time you REALLY need 2 guns is doing a double line. Makes it so much neater and easier!