PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Techo project we finished today....

Drafto
06-14-2006, 11:04 PM
This was a very interesting and challenging project that we finally completed today. The pavers are Techo Bloc "Hera" laid in an "I" pattern. We laid the pavers upside down (so the undulated side faced down). The foul line and 3 point line were made out of Techo's Atlantis. I will post some more pics and "under construction" photos when I have time.

We hung the net after I took the picture and I jammed on it like the fat guy I am, needless to say, the dunk was impressive.

Dan

Drafto
06-14-2006, 11:41 PM
I normally would not post to my own thread but this picture is pretty bad quality now that I look at. I will wet the pavers down or hope for some sun and get another tomorrow.

Dan

mbella
06-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Dan, I don't think you need to wet it down. Maybe, it's just not that interesting. I mean, it's a basketball court. There's only one hardscape application there and it's the easiest one, flat work.

Anybody with, I don't know, a month of hardscaping experience and the ability to see color could successfully install that project.:)

cgland
06-16-2006, 01:16 AM
How many pulls of grid did you use?:laugh:

Chris

i_plant_art
06-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Dan, I don't think you need to wet it down. Maybe, it's just not that interesting. I mean, it's a basketball court. There's only one hardscape application there and it's the easiest one, flat work.

Anybody with, I don't know, a month of hardscaping experience and the ability to see color could successfully install that project.:)

Easy now....... dang a lil harsh on a man huh......

I think it looks bad a$$ myself shoot i made my wife get up and come and look at it. I think it took a lot of creativity to do that and definatly alot of time making all of those cuts like that. Sure its a basketball court and yeah so whats so interesting about it.............its out of the FREAKIN BOX thats what so cool about it you dont see them like that everyday, most of the time its a slab with some paint slapped on it, not a decorative, attractive paver setting with different colors involoved. Man i give ya a thumbs on that one.:dancing: :clapping: great work man its sure looks good to me and was definatlly different. How do you think it would look if you clear coated them of used a sealer on the? do you think it would make the color stand out more w/o making it too slick?\

Great work.

Drafto
06-16-2006, 03:28 AM

It has been a very long day/night for me and to read this made my day, thanks Mike. I was actually somewhat proud of this project until you completely pulled my pants down in front of everyone. I liked you better when everything you typed was g@y.

Dan

Drafto
06-16-2006, 03:29 AM
How many pulls of grid did you use?:laugh:

Chris

This is all you could think of? I was expecting some photos of courts you have done in the past, you must be getting old.

Dan

P.S. After 17 minutes.........I really love my 252B

Drafto
06-16-2006, 03:31 AM
Easy now....... dang a lil harsh on a man huh......

I think it looks bad a$$ myself shoot i made my wife get up and come and look at it. I think it took a lot of creativity to do that and definatly alot of time making all of those cuts like that. Sure its a basketball court and yeah so whats so interesting about it.............its out of the FREAKIN BOX thats what so cool about it you dont see them like that everyday, most of the time its a slab with some paint slapped on it, not a decorative, attractive paver setting with different colors involoved. Man i give ya a thumbs on that one.:dancing: :clapping: great work man its sure looks good to me and was definatlly different. How do you think it would look if you clear coated them of used a sealer on the? do you think it would make the color stand out more w/o making it too slick?\

Great work.

Thanks Deer Icon Man! I think a good pressure washing or scrubbing will make the pavers look just fine. I am not a huge fan of the sealer in pedestrian areas, it makes the surface too slick. Thanks for the compliments!

Dan

Dreams To Designs
06-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Dan, that is very cool and I'm sure the homeowner, their children and the neighborhood will enjoy it. The lines are clean and crisp and it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Kirk

mbella
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
It has been a very long day/night for me and to read this made my day, thanks Mike. I was actually somewhat proud of this project until you completely pulled my pants down in front of everyone. I liked you better when everything you typed was g@y.

Dan

Come on Dan, you know I'm just messing with ya. I think it's pretty cool. It looks like you did a nice job.

ynvvbr
06-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Dan,

Whats that low spot under the net???

Oh thats right I forgot you dunked one:) (HEHEHEHE)

Couldn't resist man!!

As for the pic you know my opinion already:)

cgland
06-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks good Dan! Now you have something to put on the side of your trailer instead of plageurizing(sp) someone elses work. lol

Chris

P.S. 252B rocks!

mrusk
06-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks good Dan! Now you have something to put on the side of your trailer instead of plageurizing(sp) someone elses work. lol

Chris

P.S. 252B rocks!

My 246b rocks! Finally got on my first walkway with the machine and i dug all 300sq ft 10in deep in like 15 minutes!

Matt

Drafto
06-17-2006, 04:58 PM

Chris

P.S. 252B rocks!

Mike has completely turned you into the guy that has nothing nice to say. Way to subliminally insult me while seeming like you are complimenting me, interesting touch.

I am dying to put some hours on the machine, any snow in the forecast?

Dan

kris
06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
looks cool :drinkup:

Dreams To Designs
06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Kris, may the game tonight be as good as the series. Whoever wins will deserve it.

Kirk

Drafto
06-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Some close ups so Mbella can see the cuts.......

Pavers Plus
06-17-2006, 09:29 PM
quality of your work looks great. Keep it up.

Drafto
06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Here are some shots with it wet down...

kootoomootoo
06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
very nice :clapping:

Drafto
06-22-2006, 12:19 AM
very nice :clapping:

Thanks Too.

Dan