PDA

View Full Version : A bucking Lazer

Acutabovelawncare
06-15-2006, 12:26 AM
I have an exmark lazer and when i move forward the thing bucks like crazy. I changed the hydro filter but not the hydro oil because the guy at the dealership said i didnt have to. After i changed that i tried it and its still bucking. does anyone have any idea what it could be. Any info wouldbe helpful.

TLS
06-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Sounds like air in the system.

Did it do this prior to you changing the filter?

You did prefill the filter....right?

Tech man
06-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Motion dampners are worn out? At least that was the first thing that came to mind

Tech man
06-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Sounds like air in the system.

Did it do this prior to you changing the filter?

You did prefill the filter....right?
Or bleed the system?

Acutabovelawncare
06-15-2006, 06:33 PM
what and where are the motion dampeners?? I thought about bleeding the system but how do i do that? I know i really know dont much about fixing this machine. It doesnt buck all the time only when you start going then it stops

TLS
06-15-2006, 08:20 PM
The procedure is outlined pretty well in the owners manual.

The system is self bleeding for the most part.

Jack up the rear of the mower and cycle the sticks fully forward and fully reverse several times over a 5 min period. This must be done while jacked up.

Sounds like you didn't prefill the filter.

Also make sure you filled it to the proper level.

The steering dampners are little gas shocks that dampen the sticks. THey are real easy to spot under your seat.

Also check for full movement of the hydro pump idler pulley. They have been known to freeze and not properly tension the belt for the hydro pumps. This will also cause your description of running then jerking when load overcomes belt grip.

LazerZHP
06-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Check the pump drive belt. Mine acted like that when I had a chunked belt.