PDA

View Full Version : online v belt vendor id needed

rbig
06-15-2006, 12:48 AM
I need a vendor who has good prices on v belts commonly found on mower deck drives.

Just broke a belt on our church Cub Cadet RZT 50. I'll swear, that's the longest belt I've seen on a mower deck. Looks to be approx 131". I know that's no the actual measurement, because the ends are jagged.

For now, I'm buying one from a Cub dealer. From it, I'll get an accurate measurement, and maybe a number that can be crossed. So, the challenge then will be to find a less expensive source for future buys.

We also have a Craftsman 50'" hydro gt mower, and a JD GT-275. At some point, I know we'll need belts for those decks.

We have approx 8 acres of somewhat rough terrain, so belts will get torn up, no doubt. I maintain the mowers and do the mowing, volunteer.

LarryF
06-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I've been buying chain-saw parts from Cutters Choice (888-288-8371) for years, and I noticed in their most recent catalog they now have a lot of mower belts. I didn't see the particular one you mentioned, but they had others up to about 143". Perhaps if you called and talked to them, they might be inclined to expand their stock. Order a catalog while you are at it. They carry lots of other good stuff such as mower blades engine parts, etc. They have a web site (www.cutterschoice.com), but since I didn't see a search tool, it looks to me like it's hard to use.

newz7151
06-15-2006, 02:46 PM
If your church wasn't using a residential designed mower to mow 8 acres, you wouldn't have these problems as often. If you just want cheap belts, you can probably buy them at the auto parts store.. but make sure you buy a few at a time so you don't have to make a trip back every 3rd mowing.

rbig
06-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I went to four different auto stores, including NAPA. None could match the belt. Also went to two mower shops that didn't have it. Our Cub Cadet dealer at least could identify it, but the item was not in stock.

LarryF
06-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I have no idea why the cutters choice url I provided didn't work. But this one should.

http://www.cutterschoice.com/

steve45
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Try www.mowmore.com

LarryF
06-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Try www.mowmore.com

I went there and looked at what was availble for my Exmark. Thanks for the tip. It looks like a winner to me. Much better than the one I suggested. More selection, better prices I think, and a well-organized and easy-to-use web site.

rbig
06-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Last nite I found a long lost belt dealer I've used extensively in the past, but feared was lost to Katrina. This shop doesn't sell online, or have email. You have to call 'em. There's a gal who runs it and usually talks to you on the phone. She knows her stuff:

http://www.beltsforanything.com/site.php?pageID=4&bannerID=2&vmoment=1150612822

Grassmechanic
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
www.j-thomas.com