PDA

View Full Version : accelerator catcher falling apart

dmk395
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I bought an acclerator about 9 months ago for my Stander. I like the weight of the catcher, but its falling apart. The welds for the door nearly came apart and one of the major welds on the corner is gone too.....anyone else have this problem

Mike's Lawn & Snow
06-15-2006, 07:55 PM
yea my accelerator is busting up pretty bad too the major weld right by the intake whole is gone and the door in the back is comingoff too

PeterA
06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
If you are having a problem with your catcher why don't you give me a call? I would be happy to send out a new door to replace your bad one if needed. We do our best to take care of people, but you need to contact us if there is a problem.

dmk395
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Peter,

I will take you up on your offer and will give you a call.

thanks

tallimeca
06-20-2006, 08:58 AM
great service. 6 years with these bags now and I haven't had to fix 1. Not 1.

I can't even begin to tell you the repairs on the brand "GG" bags. And the fact they were good for about a season before the rust and fact that they'd bend and drag on the ground and wear out the bottom.

Highly recommended. The aluminum really holds up well.

dmk395
07-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Just wanted to say that Peter A. followed up on my door problem and sent me a door free of charge. Great customer service goes a long way, and GG wouldn't have done that!

PaulJ
07-22-2006, 12:33 PM
The only problems I have had is the welds on the corners around the dorr opening. Ihad them rewelded twice andthe bottem reinforced wiht angle last year and the top reinforcedwith small gussetsthis year. that'sis one area Ithink could be built strongerf orm the beginning Peter. I haves een a couple of these baggers really beat to sh** and rebuilt and reinforced beyond recognition. Butthe oener ofthose isvery hard oneverything.
Try not to drop thecatcheronit'scornersor edges anditwilll last longer. The last breakonmine was from being dropped on a curb full of grass.
I still will take the accelerator over an other bagger.

bbailey
07-22-2006, 03:15 PM
What size is the deck on your machines and how many passes can you make before it is full?

grass_cuttin_fool
07-22-2006, 03:27 PM
What size is the deck on your machines and how many passes can you make before it is full?
I mow a property that is 16,000 sq ft, approx 4/10's of an acre and it takes 3 dumps to mow it with the avg growth we are having now.
wayne

bbailey
07-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Seems like they hold lots of clippings. I am sure it depends on the height you are cutting at. I am thinking about one for my new Z-trak. Will have to check it out further.

PeterA
07-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Paul,
Thanks for the nice remarks. Since you purchased a catcher a couple of years ago we have added some gussets around the door area. Also, the door is now made from one piece of angle bar that is slotted, heated and bent, then the slot is welded. Every year we try to upgrade the catcher a bit, so any input as to where they could be improved on is welcome.

PeterA
07-22-2006, 06:49 PM
DMK395,
Glad we could take care of you. Thanks for the comments.

PaulJ
07-22-2006, 07:05 PM
I just reread my post. Sorry for all the typos. I try to do better than that.

I do think that the accelerator is the best cather of it's type. You can mow a lot farther with one than with the same size of cloth bag. '
Peter. have you thought about making bags to replace the cloth ones used on rear bagging ZTR's?

QualityLawnCare4u
07-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Folks, all you have to do is give Peter a call, I assure you he WILL take care of you, great customer service. Now Toyota of America is another story....:laugh: Worst customer service none barred.

PeterA
07-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Paul,
I have thought about that. I'm not sure there would be a market for these at the type of prices we would have to charge. It is hard to get the price down to a good point on something when the base materials cost so much. It would not be much less expensive to make the baskets for the rear collectors than to make the side catchers, so the chance of getting them to a price point where people might be interested (and still make some money doing it) is low. Especially since Aluminum has rocketed up in price a good 30 percent this year.