PDA

View Full Version : compresion release

rockytopp
06-16-2006, 11:42 AM
I have an older master cut "42inch" cut. It has a ten HP. Techumse on it and I am sure the comp. release is stuck,broke,and or dirty, I have changed the oil regular but once in awhile it would refuse to start, let it sit for a day or so and all would be fine until it decided it needed another rest.,,, Could the block be flushed with diesel or coal oil and perhaps cut the crud build up or will I have to remove engine and dismantel??? Any advice is welcome, The old horse has lots of yard hours left. Thanks.

FIXDISS
06-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I have an older master cut "42inch" cut. It has a ten HP. Techumse on it and I am sure the comp. release is stuck,broke,and or dirty, I have changed the oil regular but once in awhile it would refuse to start, let it sit for a day or so and all would be fine until it decided it needed another rest.,,, Could the block be flushed with diesel or coal oil and perhaps cut the crud build up or will I have to remove engine and dismantel??? Any advice is welcome, The old horse has lots of yard hours left. Thanks.
POST MODEL #'S ETC. SEE THE "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" MSG AT HEAD OF THIS FORUM.