PDA

View Full Version : Ground Ivy and Pennyworth

Kenneth2000
06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi! My backyard is being invaded by Ground Ivy and Pennyworth. They have occupied at least 25 square meters. Could someone tell me what's the best way to get rid of them permanently? Originally, there were grasses on that area and I want them to be backed. I don't have a lot of money to hire a contractor to do the work so if I could do it by myself, it would be much better. Thanks. :dizzy:

green_mark
06-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Permanent is not realistic.

Think of these weeds as a tiger and you have a whip and a chair. All you can
do is continue to treat these areas (no matter what product) and keep it at bay.

The Green Guardian works well on these weeds. See photos

For this weed always make sure the weed is wet from the application. Often spraying it and waiting for about 5 minutes (adsorbs to almost dry in that time period) then apply again. For an added boost apply a light dusting of powdered limestone while the plant is still wet and results can often be visible within 4 hours when following this procedure.

www.farmcropextracts.com
www.greenguardian.us

upidstay
06-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I doubt if anything you can buy as a homeowner can get rid of it. Hire a pro. A combo of Lesco 3 way Ester II and Quicksilver, both at max rate, sprayed in mid fall, with an application of pre-emergant to go along, will knock it out in a few years. It is a very tough one to get rid of, an will frequently just grow back from a piece you missed, or it might be lurking in your garden beds or your neighbor's yard.