PDA

View Full Version : Television Advertising

One of Three
06-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Just wanted to see if television advertising has worked for anyone. CLARIFICATION: The question based on effectiveness, not relative effectiveness or good/bad investment.

One of Three
06-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Hmm...the lack of response must mean that no one has really invested in television advertising.

dcondon
06-18-2006, 11:13 PM
We have no reason for it........... I'm sure most on here will tell you the same thing.

One of Three
06-19-2006, 03:55 AM
I had a feeling that there were few that have tried this because of the expense, but my full time job is in video production, so I was thinking about making a nice commercial, cause you can find some airtime cheap if you look around for nice packages.

Surf'n'Turf
06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Lawn Doctor used run a lot of commercials in Spring a few years ago...have not seen them as much in the past year or so.

jazak
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
I may give it a try. When we go to the movies I see adds for contrcators/ tree/ trucking companies all the time come on before the movie. May also do that.

Surf'n'Turf
06-19-2006, 02:00 PM
They only way it will work is if you have enough budget to run them consistantly. A ssmall campaign will not yeild a great ROI, IMO. Besides Lawn Dr., I've never seen TGCL, Brickman or any of the other majors utilize TV ads, either...food for thought.

One of Three
06-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I may give it a try. When we go to the movies I see adds for contrcators/ tree/ trucking companies all the time come on before the movie. May also do that.

My full time job is actually making those commercials that play before the movies. It's really not that bad a price. The good thing about them, though, is that you always have a captive audience. You never have to worry about people actually watching what's going on, really. They are basically forced to watch them.