PDA

View Full Version : couple more

Green-Pro
06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
couple more pics closer up.

mbella
06-16-2006, 10:39 PM
GreenPro, nice close up of the border. Again, your cuts look great.

kris
06-17-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree the cuts look good ... where is the water draining to from that patio?

Green-Pro
06-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks kris, I made the pitch fall to the center near the bottom side (wall seat) of the patio. The little black spot in one of the pics is a drain cover, connects to tile, tile is connected to a tee with tile also running up either side of the wall as it slopes. This is all connected to one central tile that was trenched out away from the patio about twenty yards. Whole property is comprised of medium to a tad higher degree of slopes.
I think the drain shows up a bit better in the other set of pics on the other thread.

kris
06-17-2006, 07:37 AM
I don't see much of a seat but yes i think I can spot the drain .. what you might consider doing in the future is incorporating a shrub bed between walls and patios .. this way you can still have your grade on the patio and walls level.

Green-Pro
06-17-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't see much of a seat but yes i think I can spot the drain .. what you might consider doing in the future is incorporating a shrub bed between walls and patios .. this way you can still have your grade on the patio and walls level.

Shrub bed is a great idea, I will get my skull stretcher out and file it for future use.
No there is not much of a seat, the term seat may be a little misleading. This was an afterthought (and cost increase) by the homeowner. She desired something that would offer extra sitting area incorporated in as a bench type deal.
When I was dry fitting those particular blocks I made sure I could sit comfortably on it. I'm 6' 2" and was mainly concerned with it being to short or to tall. I think its just right from a sitting standpoint. Only real drawback I can see right now is a few to many drinks and someone falls off the back LOL!