PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Cooled Lazer w/ 22 Kawasaki fan not working


hoyoman
06-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Have an older liquid-cooled Lazer Z with 22 HP Kawasaki that I bought new years ago and has been an excellent machine until now. Early this spring the fan relay went bad and the engine overheated, but was caught before any major damage was done. (Dealer recommended bypassing the radiator thermal sensor switch last year so fan runs all the time when the motor is on). Replaced the relay and all was fine until this week when I noticed that sometimes the fan would not start when I started the engine. A restart would fix this...sometimes. Now the fan will not come on at all...checked the fan relay (OK), fuses (OK) and all wiring connections (OK)...but still no power to fan. Could it be a worn ignition switch? Ignition interlock safety module? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice with this problem.

MowerMedic77
06-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Now the fan will not come on at all...checked the fan relay (OK), fuses (OK) and all wiring connections (OK)...but still no power to fan.
Just a question if you hook the fan to direct 12volts it spins? Sorry just prosess of elimination:)

hoyoman
06-17-2006, 01:51 PM
MowerMedic...thanks for the reply...getting ready to do just that in about an hour...will let you know the results. I have checked with a volt meter the two wires connecting directly to the fan and when the motor starts, there is NO voltage showing on those two wires.

TLS
06-17-2006, 08:59 PM
The 27hp LC's have the fan working off the oil pressure sending unit. It gets juice and then fires the fan relay.

For your sake, on such an old mower, I'd just hook up a relay to an ignition powered source. Only thing is, you'll be starting your engine with the fan on.

tomo
06-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Have an older liquid-cooled Lazer Z with 22 HP Kawasaki that I bought new years ago and has been an excellent machine until now. Early this spring the fan relay went bad and the engine overheated, but was caught before any major damage was done. (Dealer recommended bypassing the radiator thermal sensor switch last year so fan runs all the time when the motor is on). Replaced the relay and all was fine until this week when I noticed that sometimes the fan would not start when I started the engine. A restart would fix this...sometimes. Now the fan will not come on at all...checked the fan relay (OK), fuses (OK) and all wiring connections (OK)...but still no power to fan. Could it be a worn ignition switch? Ignition interlock safety module? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice with this problem.
hello, either fix it yourself with wiring diagram. OR As you need some eletrical experience to diagnose properly.It should be very easy to solve.1--2 hrs by auto elec=solved FIX ASAP engine damage will occur tomo