PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman riding mower transaxle

lgunner
06-17-2006, 12:04 PM
A week ago I brought my riding mower in to have work done on engine.The engine was removed and repaired. the mechanic put everything back together and now he tells me the transmission is locked up. The transmission was working find when i brought it in. Could he have done something wrong when he put everthing back together. A new transmission is very expensive. The transmission is a hydrogear mdl# 322-0510(171613). Can someone please help me on what to check or do.You can email me: lgunnerj@yahoo.com. Thanking you in advance.

FIXDISS
06-19-2006, 08:56 PM
A week ago I brought my riding mower in to have work done on engine.The engine was removed and repaired. the mechanic put everything back together and now he tells me the transmission is locked up. The transmission was working find when i brought it in. Could he have done something wrong when he put everthing back together. A new transmission is very expensive. The transmission is a hydrogear mdl# 322-0510(171613). Can someone please help me on what to check or do.You can email me: lgunnerj@yahoo.com. Thanking you in advance.

Please post model #s,mower brand etc. Maybe he has belt routed incorrectly. With above #'s I'm sure someone here can get you a diagram to check belt alignment. BTW does the pump turn freely when clutch/brake is in park position ? Could be belt is installed around a belt guide instead of inside as it should be or the pulley on crankshaft is not properly lined up.Hopefully this gives you a place to start. :dizzy:

khouse
06-20-2006, 09:30 AM
he may have opened the dump valve to push the mower around. make sure it's in operating position.