PDA

View Full Version : Should i over dig?

mrusk
06-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Here is the deal. Started a walkway this morning on a 2 year old house. All is going well until i get to digging right in front of the front stoop. I started to hit 12-18in rocks mixed in with 3/4 stone. There are voids between the rocks.

I'm guessing i have no choice but to dig it all out huh? I'm guesing it only goes down 4ft, which would be to the bottom of the stoop footings.

What would you recommened? There people are close family friends.

Matt

Birdhunter1
06-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Do it right the first time, keep them in the loop on it and you'll stay family friends with them.

Pavers Plus
06-17-2006, 08:32 PM
definitely dig it out, whether it's a friend or regular customer. You have to live up to your own standards you set. Do it right the first time and never worry about fixing it later.

Drafto
06-17-2006, 08:42 PM
DIG IT OUT! ALL the way to the footer, no questions.

Dan

mbella
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Matt, dig it out. Hopefully, you cover this type of situation in your agreement. If you do, there's no reason to even think about it. Believe me, I ate a couple of overdigs before I covered it in my agreement.

It's not your fault. Make sure the customer pays for your extra efforts.

mrusk
06-18-2006, 12:46 PM
After i dig it all out and i start compacting the Quarry proccess in lifts should i put a couple layers of fabric between every foot of base? I always put fabric down between the base and dirt.

Matt