PDA

View Full Version : engine won't re-start after fuel prob.

mike lane lawn care
06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
ok, so my friend dumped about 1/4 gallon of nitro R/C car fuel into the empty fuel tank of my old work tractor and ran it. the engine was just re-bult to the tune of $300 about a year ago. the engine starts and runs for a few seconds then it dies and can't be re-started. it had a yard cart full of gravel behind this tractor going up my driveway and it died (the engine was at 3/4 throttle and was not bogging at all) i had to tow it up the driveway with the broadmoor. It will now only start every once in a while, it sounds like it wants to start but won't. any sudjestions?

Rickco
06-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi Mike;Your problem is the fuel,which needs to be removed. First drain and flush the tank.Put in a new fuel filter and drain the Carb bowl. Finaly change the plug and you'll be all set.
If you have any trouble PM me or email me at co4ric@aol.com.I'm a former Lenox boy too(now live in Becket) I work mostly in Lenox and Stockbridge.I'll give you my # if you want I like to see there are still guys out there starting like I did 23 years ago.:clapping:

lawnmaniac883
06-18-2006, 10:29 PM
First drain all of the RC nitro fuel out of the tank, take down the carb and clean that crap out of there. Refill with fresh gas and give it a try. I think you should kick your friends ass.

mike lane lawn care
06-18-2006, 10:32 PM
the probelm is he ran all of the nitro fuel through the system and i put regular gas in there and it worked fine for about 30 mins of run time a few days ago, and just started acting up today.

mike lane lawn care
06-18-2006, 10:33 PM
I think you should kick your friends ass.
sometimes i would like to

mike lane lawn care
06-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Mike;Your problem is the fuel,which needs to be removed. First drain and flush the tank.Put in a new fuel filter and drain the Carb bowl. Finaly change the plug and you'll be all set.
If you have any trouble PM me or email me at co4ric@aol.com.I'm a former Lenox boy too(now live in Becket) I work mostly in Lenox and Stockbridge.I'll give you my # if you want I like to see there are still guys out there starting like I did 23 years ago.:clapping:

what's your comany's full name? and what's your last name? thanks for the advice, i think you and i are the only ones from the berkshires on this site.

viper00085
06-19-2006, 08:34 AM
remove your carb bowl and drain all the fuel out of it and the tank/lines. I thinkg youll be okay after doing a complete flush.

got to remember nitro is 2x the specific gravity of reg gas. so its real hard to pull thru the std size jets and holes in your gas carb. we run methanol and sometimes some nitro mixed in on our racing karts (open class) and you have to jet the carb with about 2-3 times bigger jets and metering hole sizes. also it raised the cylinder head temp of the engine by about 50-100 degrees cause of all the oxygen it introduces into the mix. so its not good for the mower at all.

GoodLuck
Vinny