PDA

View Full Version : 4 People that dont cut themselves

smarino21
06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
I got a crew that cuts grass and i do smaller landscaping. I dont cut grass my self, i was wondering what do you guys that do this drive. I am driving a 1500 ram right now but its a lease and i was thinking when my lease is up if i should get a diesel250 or gas. Reason being 250 cause i gotta plow more snow in the winter. Let me know thanks

ProStreetCamaro
06-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Well it depends how much weight you are looking to tow? If you need to tow a heavy load then a diesel would be the way to go. I would look at a Chevy 2500HD with the duramax and allison transmission. Those 2 are a lethal combination. The duramax is one heck of a diesel and the allison is by far the strongest most durable transmissions of any of the big 3 automakers which you want when its behind a diesel pulling a heavy load or pushing snow. The brake system on the chevy trucks are also top notch.

Dashunde
06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I agree with the ProStreet regarding the Allision transmissions, however not being a big fan of auto transmissions... I'd go with a Dodge 2500 or 3500 with the Cummins diesel and the 6 speed manual, in a 4x4 of course. That engine cant be beat in terms of power and milage.
So far (60K) I've had great luck with my 04 Ram Hemi, the interior doesnt even squeek or rattle... I swear!

Oh... btw, I did a little math a year or so ago... the diesels pay for themselves (far better milage) at around 37,000 miles. Avoid gas power.