PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity Pacer hydrostatic drive questions

ochoada
06-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Guys,

I posted this on the homeowner forum looking for some information on my Pacer but didn't get any responses. Thought since I did a search and saw some posts related to the pacer here I would post my question here.

This is my first experience with Hydrostatic drive. I have a 2005 Pacer which I just purchased used. I was cutting the lawn and I noticed that if I push the levers forward just slightly it seems that the transmission chatters/slipps especially if I am going up an incline. If I push them all the way for maximum speed, no problem but when I load it on to my Pickup up the ramps and I try to control the speed I feel that chatter again through the controls. The engine is at full speed, and it only seems to happen in forward not reverse. Is this normal for hydrostatic drive? If not what's the chances it's a drive belt slipping vs. something wrong with the internals of the tranny.

Also, there no mention of service to the transmission in the manual. Does the fluid need to be changed? There isn't a filter and it specs 20W50 for the oil from info I found on smallengingeparts.com

Thanks in advance
Jason

khouse
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
if possible have you checked the fluid level and or filter or screen? i know that some hydro-gear units are sealed so good luck

ochoada
06-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. It is a sealed unit but I took it in and they checked it out. Looks like it's normal vibration from the tranny vibrating through the frame of the machine. I checked a new maching and it behaved the same.

Thanks
Jason