PDA

View Full Version : 1400sf devon stone conrete overlay...

mrusk
06-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Just got a call from a guy who wants 1400sf of ep henry devon stone overlayed on his 10 year old concrete pool pad. Then an additional 500sq patio.

I didn't make an appointment with him yet. It seems like a guy whos trying to save money and looking for the cheapest price.

Lets say this guys slab is in good shape (which i doubt), what would be the best way to install this engineered blue stone. I'd screed half and inch of concrete sand, and then mortor in the pool coping.

Would you take this job?

Matt

Dreams To Designs
06-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Matt, Devon Stone has a unique installation procedure. It can be installed over concrete slabs, but the best setting bed is more than just concrete sand and any imperfections or cracks in the concrete will radiate up to the finished surface. As you are likely aware, Devon Stone is also not inexpensive, but the highest priced product of all the EP Henry line. It is cheaper than natural stone, but the installation quickly closes that gap. http://www.ephenry.com/Files/LiteratureItemFiles/35/LiteratureFile/eph_05ds_install.pdf
It is a beautiful product and has a very distinctive look. If I were called on to do this job, I would contact my EP Henry Conserve rep for advice and assistance. We have a great Conserv rep in our area that is key to the successful application of EP Henry products.

Kirk