PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu NPR's (What's it worth)

jcthorne
06-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm looking to add a crew and have been researching my options on an NPR with an 18 ft landscape bed. I know the costs of buying a new truck, but I was wondering how do I assess the value of an used truck. I've looked on Kelly and NADA with no luck.

I have found a used unit that would fit my needs perfectly but I don't know what it's worth. It's a little older than I would like but it has a nice landscape bed and seems to be in good shape. It's a 95 NPR diesel with an 18ft landscape bed for $7,000. It has 100,000 miles and runs good. Does not have air. What do you guys think it's worth.

TURF DOCTOR
06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Two door or crew cab.

Cheryl
06-21-2006, 07:08 AM
If it is a 95 1/2 it is worth it. The 95 1/2 has the same cab (and most of the technology) of the present models. The things I would check are: AC (about $900 just for a compressor. No labor). Make sure the exhaust brake is working. Major brake repair is about $3000 (with labor) if exhaust brake has been broken for a while, which usually means the rotors and drums will need replacement (sometimes a wheel hub too). Do a good job checking the brakes even if the exhaust break is working.

Get completely underneath the truck and inspect for rust. Rust color on the frame is OK. Rust clumps and broken rusty frame members are not. Look at the exhaust manifold. Make sure all the bolts are there. If not, you may have a cracked manifold. If all is well. You are getting a heck of a reliable workhorse. Do the maintenance, and keep an aye on fluids, transmission fluid temperature, and level (if automatic).