PDA

View Full Version : Think I found the right set up for bahai

QualityLawnCare4u
06-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Over the years I have tried different set ups and many different blades and nothing cuts bahai grass fantastic. My 737 with high lifts and no mulching kit did a good job but with the mulching kit, forget it, would bog the mower down with any blade including my trusty gators. Today I needed some new gators and the dealer was out so I took the standard mulching blades that came with the mulching kit (have tried them before and did not like them). I usually sharpen them on my grinding rock to a smooth sharp finish but was at my dads today and he has a flat large grinding disc hooked to a large electric motor he made himself. I sharpend the blades on it and instead of a smooth sharp finish it had a rough sereated edge like a new steak knife but were still real sharp just rough. I cut a 2.5 acre field with them of 3 week old bahia past your knees and thick and the mower did not even bog down, did not leave one single stalk standing (no double cutting I usually have to do) and looked just like it had been bagged. I was really amazed as I have used these blades before and they left horrible stalks and cut crappy. I dont know if the serates edge made a difference or not but I was well pleased especially with the mulching kit in this kind of grass. Even the client made a commment and asked me what I did different this time. Said you always do great work but this time looked really great since no stalks were left anywhere and a nice smooth no clumps lawn. I then went to a commercial acount that also was real bad and same thing, not one stalk left and a smooth level cut. Thought some of you might want to try this and see what you think.